England Squad - Euro 2024

I’ve not read the 100 pages. I have a life. :-)

Therefore this may have been answered so I apologise.
Can someone please explain to me why Wasted Waistcoat has taken Luke Shaw when he is injured, is training alone and doesn’t look as if he will even get a chance to kick a ball at all? Why waste a space for him? Or am I just being simple minded? (Do not answer that last question thank you very much!)
and if he was fit why would he be getting a game?

Can someone please explain to me why Wasted Waistcoat has taken Luke Shaw when he is injured, is training alone and doesn’t look as if he will even get a chance to kick a ball at all? Why waste a space for him? Or am I just being simple minded? (Do not answer that last question thank you very much!)
I've also just read that there will soon be an announcement from the FA to inform us that Shaw will be coming home early, so won't kick a ball at the Euros.

I think that he’s been close to fitness for quite a while now, but keeps having setbacks.

There were rumours he was back at the start of May, then mid-May etc.

I don’t think it was an awful decision to take him in a 26 man squad.

The awful decision was not to take another left footed left back to cover for his injury. We don’t have a left sided attack currently as a result.
and if he was fit why would he be getting a game?
Yes, every game.

England have a sponsorship deal with Greggs so taking Shaw was compulsory so the squad would hit their steak bake quotas

This is what Rice can’t do.
From watching that, I counted around 10 forward passes to 8 sideways or backwards passes, with no misplaced passes.

Rice isn't on Rodri's level, but he should be watching Rodri's game and aspiring to emulate it if he wants to improve.

Rodri himself has said he wanted to work on his forward passing this year, and you can see improvements in his game. I'd like to think Rice was intelligent enough to want to improve his own game.

From watching that, I counted around 10 forward passes to 8 sideways or backwards passes, with no misplaced passes.

Rice isn't on Rodri's level, but he should be watching Rodri's game and aspiring to emulate it if he wants to improve.

Rodri himself has said he wanted to work on his forward passing this year, and you can see improvements in his game. I'd like to think Rice was intelligent enough to want to improve his own game.

There was a comparison of them a while back (maybe on The Athletic), which showed that Rodri is another level.

Rice like most players had a favoured side for passing, which impacted on his play constantly. Rodri, was taking the balls from pretty much any angle, and passing where he wanted to without restrictions. Rice may want to improve, but I suspect that's years of training.

There was a comparison of them a while back (maybe on The Athletic), which showed that Rodri is another level.

Rice like most players had a favoured side for passing, which impacted on his play constantly. Rodri, was taking the balls from pretty much any angle, and passing where he wanted to without restrictions. Rice may want to improve, but I suspect that's years of training.

Think Rice is still working on controlling the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.