England Squad - Euro 2024

Pleasantly surprised by the squad. I had him nailed on to have Henderson and Rasford in it.

Rico not being in there is a negative, he covers so many positions and is so comfortable on the ball. I think the Tomori and Loftus-Cheek hae both been doing well at Milan are unlucky not to make it. Although I doubt Southgate has the ability to understand the nuances of football played on the continent.

Curtis Jones, Lewis Dunk, Jarell Quansah are odd selections. Considering he's left out Rico Lewis (who is better and covers several positions) and the lads at Milan (Tomori and Loftus-Cheek), although I doubt Southgate has the ability to understand the nuances of football played on the continent.

I don't know what Bowen, Maddison, and Alexander-Arnold offer us considering the form of the others in the squad. Same for Gallagher but I guess he at least adds depth to CM.

Lewis Miley unlucky to not be picked.... When Curtis Jones, Conor Gallagher etc are in...

Give us the 6 and see how close you get, forget the one who loses the pool match ha ha. He did make us laugh at the Fans forum thing. He was saying that picking the squad was gonna take some doing as we have so many decent players. In the afternoon a couple of hours before the event he had been to the Hospital in Newcastle and the ward that was dedicated to Sir Bobby Robson, he said one of the bed ridden patients just reached over to him with a piece of paper and said" That's my 26 players" made us all laugh and made me think back to Mike Basset and the fag packet ha ha.

Sorry I went to bed, but here is my 6

Trafford - Dunk - Quansah - Jones - Eze - Toney -

Then it's a toss up between , Branthwaite - Guehi - Konsa -Mainoo - Wharton

He should keep Toney though. That lad is a machine. Both on the pitch and on Paddy Power

He be good for running the book, but joking apart from the football side of things I don't think he's played enough to warrant a place on the plane, although others could argue that's a good thing as he's fresher, but if it was between him or Watkins for the last spot so to speak, it'd be Watkins for me.

Southsafe will somehow shoehorn Mainoo and Gallagher into his team alongside Rice at the expense of Foden. It is not coming home folks!

Squad good enough but the manager isnt.

Folk going on about Southgate finding a way to fit Foden in ffs ........... Foden should be the first piece of the jigsaw and everything should be built around him .............still we know whats coming the likes of Foden,Palmer and Bellingham will be sat on there backsides while we go all out to defend a 1-0 lead.

The man has fook all to lose now so simply go out and attack attack attack

Sorry I went to bed, but here is my 6

Trafford - Dunk - Quansah - Jones - Eze - Toney -

Then it's a toss up between , Branthwaite - Guehi - Konsa -Mainoo - Wharton
Probably on the button there, but always chance of injuries on Saturday or the two friendlies before. The pizza boss will be watching their behaviour and attitude as much as their footballing ability.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.