England Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
By England standards World Cup Semi Final and Euros final can not be deemed a failure

Nations league is little more than a friendly competition imo

So on the above basis Southgate deserves a final chance

The next manager whoever it is will face the same criticisms about players and tactics, formations and whatever else- so I don’t bother going down that road. No manager will ever please if we’re being honest.
Mate,he has nothing about him tactically wise or personality wise.
Can you imagine him giving a rousing half time team talk.
He was a centre half,hence his teams being defencife and boring as fuck.

Again, why are people calling Southgate an FA yes man? What exactly are these orders from the FA that he's supposedly obeying, because I honestly can't think of any.

Again, why are people calling Southgate an FA yes man? What exactly are these orders from the FA that he's supposedly obeying, because I honestly can't think of any.

I don’t think it’s so much taking orders. He’s a safe guy to have in charge. They know he ain’t gonna start scrapping on the touchline because someone shook his hand the wrong way. Or start calling journalists cunts and storming out of a press conference. Or getting caught cosying up to pretend Sheiks with bags full of money. He seems like a very decent bloke. Polite. Respectful. And never going to cause them any unwelcome problems off the pitch.

I don’t think it’s so much taking orders. He’s a safe guy to have in charge. They know he ain’t gonna start scrapping on the touchline because someone shook his hand the wrong way. Or start calling journalists cunts and storming out of a press conference. Or getting caught cosying up to pretend Sheiks with bags full of money. He seems like a very decent bloke. Polite. Respectful. And never going to cause them any unwelcome problems off the pitch.
Fair enough, but you could also apply all of those to Graham Potter as well. If he got handed the England job tomorrow, I don't think he'd start picking fights with journalists or call all the players a useless shower of shits or whatever - I guess that makes him a yes man as well?

The boy Cole Palmer can thread his way through tight defences. He's also got an eye for goal.
This world cup is probably too early, but can anyone else see an England call for him in the near future?
The criteria for an England cap is
1) English
2) Play in top division
3) Play a few good club games
4) Been mentioned in media
Cole stands more than a fair chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.