England v Croatia | Euro 2020 Group Stage

To be fair no he couldn't.
I think Southgate has managed the team very well, he would also probably make a better prime minister than Boris.
I disagree with you on Southgate's talent as a football manager but can't disagree with your last point.

To be fair Beanie could have got us to the semi-finals of that competition, we had such a nice path and we nearly messed it up.

A late injury-time winner after a dismal performance against Tunisia, an easy victory over Panama followed by our understrength team being outclassed by Belgium's understrength team.

We went through on penalties against Colombia, the winners of the poorest group, followed by a favourable quarter-final v Sweden (the easiest opposition in the quarters).

The first decent opposition we came up against we lost, had we had a better tactician we may have even won the game.

Not Southgate's fault, he steadied the ship but should he leave his England role he'll be lucky to land a job in the Championship.
What he is doing is building a very strong team ethos and they look a happy squad. He might not be the worlds best tactician but thats not 100% of what he has to do. His face off to the media is pretty faultless as well. He has some real talent at his disposal so Im not sure he has much more to do than set them up to keep their shape and let them do the rest. Fwiw I think he is doing a pretty good job. Maybe the best tactic for him in this competition is not win the group. He would have a far easier last 16 game.
Maybe he will let Scotland win ;-)

Thought the performance was very good yesterday against a descent team. Great to see the City boys all doing well. The more I see of Mount and Phillips the more I like. Both played extremely well.

a young manager with flair and style wanting to play from the back and in middle of the park with a play maker
the only down side to this young england side is the defence and keeper are the weakness

paul simpson was the builder of this young england team and should be around this england setup as a coach

I dont think any England manager actually managers the team 100%. The fa suits will want certain players from certain teams involved. It helps the fa sell merchandise.

For example Mings and Stones did ok so let them play again to build up a better understanding. I bet as soon as Maguire is fit Mings is dropped.

Lots of players warmed up, they do it off their own back a lot of times to make sure they are ready of called upon.

Bellingham and Grealish are different types of player. If we had been losing then Grealish would have got on, we weren't so Bellingham got on to use his energy in a more defensive manner than Grealish would.

I think Grealish will start against Scotland because I expect them to be defensive and Grealish is ideal against a packed low block defence, i would put him in place of either Rice or Phillips as I do not think we will need to play two in that area against Scotland as they offer less threat than Croatia.

He "seems" to be not liked by you, which is fair enough, i think he got it spot on yesterday and this England team excites me more than any other England team i have every watched.

More than the 90 and 96 teams?

Kane on the other hand getting a bit of a free pass on here because we think he'll be one of ours. He was ineffectual, almost invisible.
I've not followed the thread, but I agree with you. Not so much awful as just invisible.

Lots of players warmed up, they do it off their own back a lot of times to make sure they are ready of called upon.

Bellingham and Grealish are different types of player. If we had been losing then Grealish would have got on, we weren't so Bellingham got on to use his energy in a more defensive manner than Grealish would.

I think Grealish will start against Scotland because I expect them to be defensive and Grealish is ideal against a packed low block defence, i would put him in place of either Rice or Phillips as I do not think we will need to play two in that area against Scotland as they offer less threat than Croatia.

He "seems" to be not liked by you, which is fair enough, i think he got it spot on yesterday and this England team excites me more than any other England team i have every watched.
Not rocket science is it.

What he is doing is building a very strong team ethos and they look a happy squad. He might not be the worlds best tactician but thats not 100% of what he has to do. His face off to the media is pretty faultless as well. He has some real talent at his disposal so Im not sure he has much more to do than set them up to keep their shape and let them do the rest. Fwiw I think he is doing a pretty good job. Maybe the best tactic for him in this competition is not win the group. He would have a far easier last 16 game.
Maybe he will let Scotland win ;-)

Thought the performance was very good yesterday against a descent team. Great to see the City boys all doing well. The more I see of Mount and Phillips the more I like. Both played extremely well.
I agree with most of that.

I disagree with your view on tactics. It's all well and good beating an aged Croatian team and also rans with solid performances but the difference in the latter stages between evenly matched or slightly better teams is how tactically astute the manager is.

Southgate then becomes our weakness. The same can be said of Belgium with Martinez.

I agree with most of that.

I disagree with your view on tactics. It's all well and good beating an aged Croatian team and also rans with solid performances but the difference in the latter stages between evenly matched or slightly better teams is how tactically astute the manager is.

Southgate then becomes our weakness. The same can be said of Belgium with Martinez.
I was serious about them not winning the group. If they do, they could well face Germany or Portugal. That would be a huge test.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.