England v Croatia | Euro 2020 Group Stage

Succesive United managers have managed it.
The little fella agreed, but Mou and Van Gaal did not have the players they wanted.

I don't get Southgate, looks a typical F.A type figure, looks a nice guy, probably is, but has little else to offer.

Looking at the bench, his coach Steve Holland is the one whom calls the shots and Southgate just nods and agrees.

When he leaves England after winning nothing he be lucky to get the managers job at a championship club. Southgate couldn`t stir a cup of team never mind the emotions of a squad of footballers.
Only one England manager has ever won anything, so if he wins nothing it will not be a surprise.

As for stirring emotions, did you notice the singing of the national anthem, every player sung it, their emotions were stirred, in the past players have just ignored it. Maybe that was down to Southgate, maybe it wasn't but the team certainly played with heart and commitment.

I think they all did pretty well. A few errors here and there from Walker, Kane didn’t have his best day etc, but the team ethic and unit was solid.

Pickford though. He makes me nervous. He’s picked for his distribution. He can’t distribute. Stones was berating him constantly in the first half as he destroyed our build up when trying short and booted it out of play when going long.

He also is as nervous as a kitten and every time he moves towards the ball, it isn’t in a confident fashion. This can’t be good for the guys in front of him.
I quite like Pickford I think he's a good goalkeeper but you have to take into consideration we are used to watching Ederson. And unfortunately he is not English.

I'm not saying you're wrong but the normal way of things is for England fans to always blame the managers, surely every manager in England's history ( bar Ramsey) can't have been shit ?
Maybe, just maybe, the players haven't been quite as good as they've been made out to be ?

Robson and Venables are highly regarded in fairness although Robson did go through a rough patch early on. Southgate has got far too much credit for that run to the semi it wasn’t much of an achievement at all if judged correctly.

However he deserves another pop at a tournament and has got that. His use of Foden and Grealish is a concern as we need them playing and playing well to win this tournament.

Only one England manager has ever won anything, so if he wins nothing it will not be a surprise.

As for stirring emotions, did you notice the singing of the national anthem, every player sung it, their emotions were stirred, in the past players have just ignored it. Maybe that was down to Southgate, maybe it wasn't but the team certainly played with heart and commitment.
100% down to Southgate.
I like the guy, it pisses me of that so many so called England fans are so negative about everything except seemingly Grealish.

Gareth is little more than an FA man. His treatment of Jack Grealish yesterday was so bad. To bring on Bellingham after initially sending Grealish to warm up told us everything about Gareth. Grealish has been a star in his few England appearances. So much for Gareth's "loyalty" towards those who haven't let him down. He seems more interested in being the champion of youth rather than being a manager of the full national side. : (
Lots of players warmed up, they do it off their own back a lot of times to make sure they are ready of called upon.

Bellingham and Grealish are different types of player. If we had been losing then Grealish would have got on, we weren't so Bellingham got on to use his energy in a more defensive manner than Grealish would.

I think Grealish will start against Scotland because I expect them to be defensive and Grealish is ideal against a packed low block defence, i would put him in place of either Rice or Phillips as I do not think we will need to play two in that area against Scotland as they offer less threat than Croatia.

He "seems" to be not liked by you, which is fair enough, i think he got it spot on yesterday and this England team excites me more than any other England team i have every watched.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.