England v France - Sat 10th Dec, 19:00 | Quarter-final | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I never thought I’d find myself defending Jordan Henderson but I thought he was very good last night.

He was constantly dropping into space to give Stones and Maguire an out ball, something they hadn’t had for the first 4 games of the tournament. As soon as he received it he was turning and looking for a pass. His pressing seemed to impact on Rice who was far more mobile than his last few games and we were on top in the midfield.

When he tired we started to drop off and there was nobody on the bench to freshen up that role.

I don’t think any of the England players are to blame for last night, they were for the most part the better side and had the better chances but it was one of those games and that’s how it goes.

A referee that wasn’t out of his depth coaching two European sides would have helped, I absolutely think he negatively impacted the game for England and was far too reliant on VAR to help him out as apposed to making decisions.
From what i remember Henderson spent most of the match stuck out on the right touchline as a third full-back.

Like most of the fans at sports bars spraying each other with drinks .they aren’t proper football fans just jump on the bandwagon every tournament.I’m glad it’s all over and back to normal
I felt drained both physically and mentally when the final whistle went, simply because I felt we would probably not get a better chance to lift the trophy ever again. We'll all of us go on forever about the why's and the wherefores, and we'll all have our own views on who should have gone to Qatar and who should have stayed at home.
Regardless. it's finished and it's over now for another four years.

Overall I found it difficult to adjust to the whole idea of having a World Cup final about a week before bloody Christmas Day, it's both bizarre and a bit unsettling. And holding it in Qatar was a farcical decision from the off.
Maybe we'll hold the Euro's on Machu Picchu - nothing would surprise me.

How do you qualify that last sentence? It’s a piece of piss organising a tournament in such a tiny country with unlimited resources and extortionate eye watering expenses for fans. The real test is putting on a tournament where it encourages real football fans, not the plastic, wealthy ones that are in Qatar. Yesterday at the Portugal game the Stadium had less than 50% capacity. Spain, Germany, Italy, Brazil, Japan, Argentina, Mexico, even Russia were miles better for the proper football fans, this has been a charade.
These 'real' fans your'e on about, do they have to wear plastic bowler hats off the Sun, drink constantly until they're ready for a scrap and flash their arses at every camera they see?

Morning everyone.
Are we over last night? I am.

It's a weird mind set this world cup, I turned round after kane missed the pen and there was snow outside and I'm staring at our Christmas tree. Usually I'm off to sit outside after a match in the world cup and have a beer and get a bit of fresh air and chew the fat about the game.

Not this time. I literally said to myself ah well city are playing in 12 days, can't wait. What usually happens is the tournament finishes, whether that be at the group/quarters/semis stage and you have a 7 or 8 week wait for the season to start.

That's why I don't feel that bothered we're out as it's straight back into the season. I know for a fact I'd feel completely different if there was that gap from end of world cup to start of season as you got that huge wait.

We did ok but were not at the levels for winning the world cup.

Plus we got most of our squad back now which is a plus point.

Disgusting if that’s the case

Get rid of the national team altogether if it’s going to become common that young lads out there doing their best are going to get racially abused for losing a game of footy.

I know it’s a tiny minority doing it but fuck ‘em
As a nation we do like a scapegoat, every tournament there is the new "bad" guy, Qatar is no exception, Kane is getting pure sh1t, very sad and a reason I don't care if England win or lose.

I felt drained both physically and mentally when the final whistle went, simply because I felt we would probably not get a better chance to lift the trophy ever again. We'll all of us go on forever about the why's and the wherefores, and we'll all have our own views on who should have gone to Qatar and who should have stayed at home.

Overall I found it difficult to adjust to the whole idea of having a World Cup final about a week before bloody Christmas Day, it's both bizarre and a bit unsettling. And holding it in Qatar was a farcical decision from the off.
Next one will be Bondi beach at Christmas with uefa as even Australia is in the Eurovision Song Contest nowadays and it would be how they say “ inclusive “

These 'real' fans your'e on about, do they have to wear plastic bowler hats off the Sun, drink constantly until they're ready for a scrap and flash their arses at every camera they see?
Where in my post do I specifically equate “real” fans to just England supporters? I’m referencing football fans worldwide.

Fucking Henderson spent the whole game passing sideways and being static apart from maniacal chases in the pointless attempt to close down Lloris which probably looked good to the masses of pissed up youngsters chucking beer around in sports bars around the country but the bloke is like playing with 10 men
All he ever does is either instantly pass the ball back to the bloke who just passed it to him, or play a predictable sideways pass that's begging to be cut out by any opposition who are switched on.

Yet ITV claimed that he's "underrated" in their pre-game gushing over him

We know FIFA are money driven , and the only reason Qatar got the World Cup is because they were willing to pay absolute fortunes to host the tournament to bring some positive spin around their country , it was a PR exercise at any cost.
Working class football supporters were excluded from this World Cup due to the astronomical costs , roll on Canada/USA and Mexico in 2026.
What nonsense. Every wc is a pr exercise for the country hosting it and costs a fortune.
As for the class comment, there's a clue in the title. The 'world' cup is for the whole world so it's inevitable it will be held somewhere far, far away from Europe and all us 'working class' fans' wallets. Have you forgot Brasil where the locals were priced out of attending?

It may surprise you to know that Mach Pichu aint in Europe

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.