England v France - Sat 10th Dec, 19:00 | Quarter-final | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wherever it’s hosted, the wc is a pricey affair and the 'real' fans are priced out.
I know fans who have been to World Cups in Europe where it may be a little more expensive but it’s accessible. Qatar is insane for the cost of living, the World Cup has completely exploited the fans, £200 a night for a bed in a container, £12 for a Budweiser, cat 4 tickets $205 up to Cat 1 $1606. Attracted plenty of wealthy plastics.

That useless referee should be the scapegoat for this latest disappointment.

How do we keep ending up with piss poor officials in the really big matches?
He never even indicated a second penalty, relied on VAR yet it was plain as day a penalty. Same with a number of fouls that were right in front of him, they have piss poor refs from shit leagues and we think ours are bad, just watch that dick from the Argentine ditch game get the final, it will be a farce.

I know fans who have been to World Cups in Europe where it may be a little more expensive but it’s accessible. Qatar is insane for the cost of living, the World Cup has completely exploited the fans, £200 a night for a bed in a container, £12 for a Budweiser, cat 4 tickets $205 up to Cat 1 $1606. Attracted plenty of wealthy plastics.
The trouble with been in such a small country as well is they’ve got you by the balls, in Europe and the next one in America it’s huge so cheap accommodation is easy to find and beer then just make your way to the game, I’m hoping to go both the next euros and WC as part of a holiday, might be my last ones to be able to do it.

We know FIFA are money driven , and the only reason Qatar got the World Cup is because they were willing to pay absolute fortunes to host the tournament to bring some positive spin around their country , it was a PR exercise at any cost.
Working class football supporters were excluded from this World Cup due to the astronomical costs , roll on Canada/USA and Mexico in 2026.
Working class fans are excluded from every tournament unless it takes place in their home country, and even then working class fans would struggle to afford it.
I’m all for taking the World Cup to countries it hasn’t been to before.
For me I’d have it in Saudi, Iran, Jordan, Libya, Australia, China, and of course the UAE before I brought it back to Europe or South America again.
Spread the game around the world properly.
I honestly wouldn’t want to see the English FA getting even fatter on the back of a World Cup before we give all the other nations a chance to hold the second best sporting tournament in the world.

Funny how tens of thousands of Argentines managed to do it. Didn't look plastics to me (maybe some parts of some supporters might have been though)

Well, watched the match in the pub, great atmosphere during and after. Felt we played well but a couple of points.
Why do we loft balls into the box which are easier to defend and what the fuck with the substitutions.
I only caught some of the match in the pub, but commented similar.
The one recognised striker you have, Kane, is never in the box. He was the one launching the ball into Foden early on.
Surely you have someone who can play that deep role Kane is occupying, that can actually pick a pass.
You need Kane in the box.

What nonsense. Every wc is a pr exercise for the country hosting it and costs a fortune.
As for the class comment, there's a clue in the title. The 'world' cup is for the whole world so it's inevitable it will be held somewhere far, far away from Europe and all us 'working class' fans' wallets. Have you forgot Brasil where the locals were priced out of attending?
The only nonsense is your post , Qatar has got to be the most expensive location in history for the World Cup and it priced out the vast majority of supporters , price of a beer in Qatar equivalent to $14 price of a beer in Brazil $2 , and we wont even start on the accomodation.

I only caught some of the match in the pub, but commented similar.
The one recognised striker you have, Kane, is never in the box. He was the one launching the ball into Foden early on.
Surely you have someone who can play that deep role Kane is occupying, that can actually pick a pass.
You need Kane in the box.
The clue in the name centre forward, he gets no service so has to come deep. He is a good finisher and should get better service than the likes of Rice and Lord Hendo provide

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.