England v France - Sat 10th Dec, 19:00 | Quarter-final | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All he ever does is either instantly pass the ball back to the bloke who just passed it to him, or play a predictable sideways pass that's begging to be cut out by any opposition who are switched on.

Yet ITV claimed that he's "underrated" in their pre-game gushing over him

He became the outball on the right because of Walker staying on Mbappe all night. Without his calming presence off the bench we might have lost to the USA.

Morning everyone.
Are we over last night? I am.

It's a weird mind set this world cup, I turned round after kane missed the pen and there was snow outside and I'm staring at our Christmas tree. Usually I'm off to sit outside after a match in the world cup and have a beer and get a bit of fresh air and chew the fat about the game.

Not this time. I literally said to myself ah well city are playing in 12 days, can't wait. What usually happens is the tournament finishes, whether that be at the group/quarters/semis stage and you have a 7 or 8 week wait for the season to start.

That's why I don't feel that bothered we're out as it's straight back into the season. I know for a fact I'd feel completely different if there was that gap from end of world cup to start of season as you got that huge wait.

We did ok but were not at the levels for winning the world cup.

Plus we got most of our squad back now which is a plus point.

Yeah

I love footy and the discussion regarding the match, Southgate etc etc but it doesn’t actually dampen my mood that we got knocked out. It just is what it is.

Even with City, I hate to see us lose but you just have to put things into perspective, I still have to do my work today either way and it doesn’t really change anything in my day to day life.

If football is really putting people’s mood on a downer for days, causing anger and upset towards others, then I think they need to get some perspective on what’s really happening all over the world and maybe find interests that bring them more joy.

It doesn’t make anyone less of a supporter to feel this way either, it’s just the realisation it’s a game at the end of the day. Take the losses on the chin and don’t let your mood slip or pass it onto others.

As a nation we do like a scapegoat, every tournament there is the new "bad" guy, Qatar is no exception, Kane is getting pure sh1t, very sad and a reason I don't care if England win or lose.

That useless referee should be the scapegoat for this latest disappointment.

How do we keep ending up with piss poor officials in the really big matches?

We know FIFA are money driven , and the only reason Qatar got the World Cup is because they were willing to pay absolute fortunes to host the tournament to bring some positive spin around their country , it was a PR exercise at any cost.
Working class football supporters were excluded from this World Cup due to the astronomical costs , roll on Canada/USA and Mexico in 2026.
If possible Mexico will be the best option, atmosphere wise and less expensive than the USA, as you say FIFA milks these tournaments to exploit the fans. I can’t think of a host country that’s got less to do and see than Qatar which is ridiculously expensive.

As a nation we do like a scapegoat, every tournament there is the new "bad" guy, Qatar is no exception, Kane is getting pure sh1t, very sad and a reason I don't care if England win or lose.

Yeah, people must lead pathetic lives If they’re going out of their way to abuse players over a footy game

I know we do slate teams and other players on here, but I believe it’s mostly just craic that goes along with supporting a team and talking amongst fellow supporters

I’d like to believe none of us here are pathetic enough to take it to social media and directly target lads for giving it a go.

The truth is 99.9.% of these pricks would be shitting themselves and say no if you asked them to take a penalty with the whole country ready to pounce on you if you miss.

I’ll never say a bad word about anyone with the bollocks to put themselves out there to be scrutinised like that.

That useless referee should be the scapegoat for this latest disappointment.

How do we keep ending up with piss poor officials in the really big matches?

No different to City. Don't remember much fuss every time we get screwed over the the CL or by the dippers refs.

The first goal was no different to TTA handball leading up to Salah goal. Dont remember the press/media moaning about that !

Yeah, people must lead pathetic lives If they’re going out of their way to abuse players over a footy game

I know we do slate teams and other players on here, but I believe it’s mostly just craic that goes along with supporting a team and talking amongst fellow supporters

I’d like to believe none of us here are pathetic enough to take it to social media and directly target lads for giving it a go.

The truth is 99.9.% of these pricks would be shitting themselves and say no if you asked them to take a penalty with the whole country ready to pounce on you if you miss.

I’ll never say a bad word about anyone with the bollocks to put themselves out there to be scrutinised like that.

I wouldnt even take a penalty in Sunday pub leagues

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.