England v France - Sat 10th Dec, 19:00 | Quarter-final | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mentality maguire and rice could cost us. If we win this we can consider ourselves contenders for winning it.

It's interesting how people view things differently, I see the goalkeeper/defence as a strong weakness.

Pickford holds onto the ball far too long and it's only a matter of time before somebody pounces on him. His distribution appears hasty and erratic.

The defence playing out from the back often looks nervy and not at all confident, especially Maguire. I'm not trying to get on the 'Maguire bandwagon', it's just that he looks very suspect and not fluent on the ball, certainly compared to Stones next to him.

France are far too clinical to be offered cheap chances.

I get where you're coming from on this. I'm just saying that the keeper to the back four is the only area of the pitch where we look to have any confidence in passing. It all breaks down as soon as they try to link with midfield... Rice can't cope.

They're missing a lot of players and when you look at the starting 11's and squad options we're so much stronger. Griezmann, Mbappe and Giroud are excellent but only Mbappe probably gets into the England 11. Without Kante they're not as balanced. Without Pogba they're less creative. We need to stick with the back 4 because we never manage to get the ball in attacking areas with a 5. Our wing backs stay deep and don't provide the attacking threat they're supposed to.
Agree mate. If England play well they can win this. I expect Phil to cause a lot of damage to the French defence.

England are the only team to keep a clean sheet in the knockouts so far...

Not saying it's coming home but...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.