England v Germany | Euro 2020 Last 16

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think a lot of it is weariness of watching the team mainly underperform in tournaments then depart weakly for 40 years. I really hope they prove me wrong this time but we were absolutely shocking at the start of the game today, that wasn't tactics. We would have been 2 down against a top team I reckon. The management team have to get through to the players that 2-0 v Germany sounds great, but it was workmanlike only.

fair enough. I think your comment is incredibly harsh. It was an excellent win. We’ve just beaten a major side in a knockout game and looked the better side throughout in my opinion.
All that matters is the win and we got that.

We set up the way teams set up against city, keep it tight and nick the odd goal

painfully dull to watch but we are spoiled as a fan base

a win is a win though , we should really be getting to the final from here with the draw we have

Lots of posts from people on here slating the England team, fans and anything to do with it. Don’t think thats an exaggeration

i think its because of the poor setup by southgate
its route one football and 4 or 5 of the best players in midfield are sitting on the bench
even with winning its still hard to watch and you feel a good team will thump us at some point

we need to get playing on the grass and work teams over foden and mount are to good to be sitting on the bench

Amazing win. Southgate got his team and tactics spot on.

I thought Pickford, maguire and stones were brilliant in particular.

it’s funny reading the England hate on here by the minority. The entire country was supporting the team tonight.
England hate? You mean England let down since the year dot. Of course I support them and want them to do well. But don’t be fooled by that performance. Southgate got done by a simple tactical change by Croatia at the World Cup. That was a poor German side and we now face more coherent teams with no stars in them as the nation gets giddy about being in the “easy” half of the draw. I’ll celebrate like a mad un if we win this tournament but as soon as Gareth comes up against Mancini, Enrique or even Martinez he’ll get found out.

It’s the hope that kills you.

We set up the way teams set up against city, keep it tight and nick the odd goal

painfully dull to watch but we are spoiled as a fan base

a win is a win though , we should really be getting to the final from here with the draw we have
Very hard to pick a team at the moment expect a couple more shocks as well. Italy and England look the most organised, England need a little more flair though. To not start either Grealish or Foden is just too safe.

I’m only up to the 62nd minute and apart from two half chances from maguires head and a decent chance from Werner and a shot from Havertz it’s been poor.

Our 3 centre halves have been good and so has Phillips, the front 3 have been very poor and the wingbacks too deep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.