England v Germany | Euro 2020 Last 16

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
fair enough. I think your comment is incredibly harsh. It was an excellent win. We’ve just beaten a major side in a knockout game and looked the better side throughout in my opinion.
All that matters is the win and we got that.
We deserved the win but we were dreadful, really dreadful, at the start, so not throughout. I was shocked at how easy Germany ran through us for ten minutes. I don't know what we're like chasing the game but it could easily have been a much different match. Remember it took us another 70 minutes to score against a team we were largely dominating.

Anyway, let's hope we carry on improving.

Congrats! I'm really happy for all the City players but especially Raz he doesn't deserve the treatment he gets from England fans. Fingers crossed things go well as it might take some of the pressure off the England team for future tournaments and let the young players enjoy playing without fear for a few years. In a strange way i'm glad that Phil isn't playing because I was shocked how quickly people turned on him if the more senior players who are used to it can do something this tournament then it might make fans ease off the youngsters for a while. Good Luck in the next game!

Amazing win. Southgate got his team and tactics spot on.

I thought Pickford, maguire and stones were brilliant in particular.

it’s funny reading the England hate on here by the minority. The entire country was supporting the team tonight.
Fuck all "amazing" about it, ground out a no score bore fest until Grealish came on. Please tell us what was "amazing", the most over used, annoying word in the English Language at the moment.

We set up the way teams set up against city, keep it tight and nick the odd goal

painfully dull to watch but we are spoiled as a fan base

a win is a win though , we should really be getting to the final from here with the draw we have
That's very harsh. Most of the stats for the game were pretty even, and if you look at the heatmaps, the game was played slightly more in Germany's half. Very different to the kind of bus parking that City face.

Lots of posts from people on here slating the England team, fans and anything to do with it. Don’t think thats an exaggeration
Because it was shite. It was like watching Newcastle snatch a win against City. England offered nothing. There were 8 players whose main job was stopping the opposition scoring. They passed it about the back 7 then dinked it up to get and get Sterling or Saka in. It was fucking clueless. It was hopeless to watch. It was a complete waste of the talent England (for the first time in 30-40 years) has in abundance.

So go wank yourself silly if you must. I’m also happy we won but it’s a shame this is the way we’ve done it. If we had Mancini we’d have won that game 5-1 and played our best players. But we don’t, we’ve got a yes man that thinks it’s a gamble changing broadband provider, let alone starting Foden, Grealish and Bellingham.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.