England v Germany | Euro 2020 Last 16

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
majority are. See a lot of comments from English fans on here who openly dislike England. Reality is that’s not reflected across the country

"The country" has a history of only really getting on board when the media stirs them into action. All of a sudden, houses are decked with England flags, pubs have record breaking sales, and otherwise disinterested folk become rabid football fans.
It's collective jingoism bordering on hysteria. It's a coming together of bored people suddenly finding a joint aim. It will die down very quickly as and when our tournament is over.
Step back from that, and you see the reality... England still aren't a great side, and we don't have a great coach. We're no more than a 'plucky' side doing well against the big boys for a change. We're Denmark, Czech Republic, Sweden etc. That's our level. But thanks to the draw and others at our level, some of the big boys have gone home, leaving us with the best chance we've had of actually winning something for 55 years.
We should all enjoy it while it lasts, but let's be honest, we're not seeing great England performances.
in the immortal words of the bard... "don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining".

Reactions: mat
Can we win it? I doubted it in the first 30 mins but we settled, could be typical England though again like usual let's just enjoy it

"The country" has a history of only really getting on board when the media stirs them into action. All of a sudden, houses are decked with England flags, pubs have record breaking sales, and otherwise disinterested folk become rabid football fans.
It's collective jingoism bordering on hysteria. It's a coming together of bored people suddenly finding a joint aim. It will die down very quickly as and when our tournament is over.
Step back from that, and you see the reality... England still aren't a great side, and we don't have a great coach. We're no more than a 'plucky' side doing well against the big boys for a change. We're Denmark, Czech Republic, Sweden etc. That's our level. But thanks to the draw and others at our level, some of the big boys have gone home, leaving us with the best chance we've had of actually winning something for 55 years.
We should all enjoy it while it lasts, but let's be honest, we're not seeing great England performances.
in the immortal words of the bard... "don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining".
Must be heart breaking for you seeing England do well, we were the better side tonight and well deserved to put the Germans out of the tournament.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.