England v Hungary | Nations League | Tues 14th June '22

I know Southgate has had a lot of luck with cup draws and ref decisions, but I don’t think anyone can seriously claim that he’s not done a good job for England.

I know people will rightly point out that we’ve failed to score from open play in the Nations League, but we’ve been like that throughout Southgate’s reign. We tend to scrape victories, rely on set pieces and keep it tight at the back which has served us well in the cup competitions.

I think what this experiment shows is that a double midfield pivot of Rice and someone else is a must. I also think this isn’t the time to be bedding in new players like Gallagher or Bowen. Allow the tried and tested group to gain some form and momentum.

I know it’s a bit shitty on in-form players but Southgate standing by the likes of Raz, Maguire and Stones etc has served him well. I remember Deschamps refusing to pick Laporte who was arguably the best French CB at the time and thinking it was nonsense. Yet he went and won the WC.

A lot of us aren't invested in supporting an England side playing like Burnley.

Not with the talent at Gareths disposal anyway.

I know Southgate has had a lot of luck with cup draws and ref decisions, but I don’t think anyone can seriously claim that he’s not done a good job for England.

I know people will rightly point out that we’ve failed to score from open play in the Nations League, but we’ve been like that throughout Southgate’s reign. We tend to scrape victories, rely on set pieces and keep it tight at the back which has served us well in the cup competitions.

I think what this experiment shows is that a double midfield pivot of Rice and someone else is a must. I also think this isn’t the time to be bedding in new players like Gallagher or Bowen. Allow the tried and tested group to gain some form and momentum.

I know it’s a bit shitty on in-form players but Southgate standing by the likes of Raz, Maguire and Stones etc has served him well. I remember Deschamps refusing to pick Laporte who was arguably the best French CB at the time and thinking it was nonsense. Yet he went and won the WC.
crrtsinly need a manager now who is more attack minded with the talent we have

Had we won the penalty’s do you really think we’d be questioning tiredness, substitutions and tactics? We lost on a lucky dip shoot out after making our first final tournament final in 55 years
We was brilliant throughout
Probably not, such is the nature of football - you win 1-0 it's a masterclass, you play just as well but lose and it's bad tactics and so on, but we were battering Italy and I personally believe we'd have most likely beaten them before penalties had we put fresher players on - and if we hadn't we would have still made the penalty shootout. But Southgate spewed extra time and relied on winning at penalties.

Players clearly don’t give a shit about this competition. It’s too many games for them and I don’t blame them. Minds are in Marbella now.
I've not watched one minute of it. I wish someone at the FA (and the national associations of other major countries) had the balls to say to UEFA "This is shit. We ain't taking part anymore so you may as well fucking bin it."

We need an experienced manager with a track record of winning trophies and has respect of players with big personalities and infuence , probably only half a dozen who fit that description , Pep , Klopp , Maureen , Ancelloti , Wenger , Mancini , and none of them would be mad enough to risk their reputation and the F.A. would be shit scared of some of them because they might upset the apple cart.
When they ignored one of the best managers ever in Brian Clough and then employed Don Revie summed up the stuffed shirts at the F.A. a bunch of old twats out of touch with the modern game and its support and that will never change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.