England v Hungary | Nations League | Tues 14th June '22

Our most successful manager since Alf Ramsey

Gareths had zero success.

And your point by sticking up Svens and Capellos club records as proof that international success isn't guaranteed was correct.

I'm fully expecting that Gareth Southgate will not win anything of note as a manager before he retires,unlike those two you highlighted.

Terry Venabels and Bobby Robson did alright considering. Sorry Gareth Southgate just doesn't cut it and the Final highlighted the huge flaws in his game plan and set up. Nothing is going to change with him in charge; regardless of whether the players not wanting to play 3 extra games at the end of the season. The rest managed some decent results considering they were in the same boat as the English lads.

Last edited:
Who has ?
It’s a massive ask for any Manager to win a WC or Euros as there’s so many nations just as good as us and it’s a cup competition

Southgate getting England to a WC semi and Euros final is a great achievement- I believe he will get us thereabouts once again
Awful.
Lost to the two decent teams he played at the World Cup. Played the dog and duck in the other rounds including sneaking though on penalties.
Failed again in a perfect draw at a covid affected home tournament losing to a side that couldn’t even qualify for the World Cup.

Putting aside the results, the style of play and performance levels have been woeful. The results have been under par for me given the draws but even they flatter him.

I'll never forgive the fucking bedwetting twat for publicly hanging Sterling out to dry after the Gomez incident. The bindipping bastard wound him up and deservedly copped one at St.Georges. it takes two to tango but GS decided to publicly hold Sterling to account.
100% right, Southgate is like a competition winner, he has no clue. 70% of sunday pub team managers would get at least the same or better out of the group of players.

The thing I really dislike about him is that he's such an obsequious politically driven ****, loves a bandwaggon to jump on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.