England v Scotland | Euro 2020 Group Stage

Felt like a team trying to play a city like system with a manager who doesn't quite understand it and player who's aren't brave enough to play it.

Maybe I'm a little spoilt from watching city, but felt like there was a so many times where a pass was on into the middle to a player in space, but the the likes of rice, james and shaw weren't willing to make it. James especially, people were slating walker for misplacing a few passes in the first game, but at least he was willing to attempt the pass.

Always a extra touch, felt like sterling and foden were the only players capable of playing one touch football, there was a clear example of this in the 2nd half which resulted in sterling being offside, commentators saying he should of stayed onside, but if mount played it first time he would of been in on goal and onside.

Maybe i'm just a little to used to watching city and expect a little to much for want is the norm for city players, either way, it wasn't good enough.

When watching England I tend to watch Sterling and Foden the most. The amount of times both made runs yesterday only for Englands midfield to pass it sideways or back. Englands midfield arent on the same wavelength, they dont think quick enough.
Stones has the same problems at the back, he expects players to be available for a pass. But again the midfield is so slow and not ready for the pass Stones wants to make.

City players are made the scapegoats when infact the City players are playing at a higher level than their slower thinking midfield.

When watching England I tend to watch Sterling and Foden the most. The amount of times both made runs yesterday only for Englands midfield to pass it sideways or back. Englands midfield arent on the same wavelength, they dont think quick enough.
Stones has the same problems at the back, he expects players to be available for a pass. But again the midfield is so slow and not ready for the pass Stones wants to make.

City players are made the scapegoats when infact the City players are playing at a higher level than their slower thinking midfield.
It was as if Stones had a rope tied around Phillips and every time Phillips got the ball Stones pulled the rope so Phillips faced him and passed the ball to him.

Phillips was the best player on the pitch against Croatia, but he was fucking dreadful last night. Proper shithouse performance!

Every time I think it’s time to give the national team a fresh start and take an interest they just revert to type and play as though they’ve only met each other a fortnight ago.
From top to bottom the coaching and management team just fail to inspire. Even with the collection of riches we currently have available they manage to pick an 11 that’s set up to not lose as opposed to go out and win.
The fact that Foden, one of our brightest lights is being made the scapegoat in some quarters makes me think the national team will never win or even impress in another tournament for the foreseeable. It’s a bit grim but entirely expected.

Every time I think it’s time to give the national team a fresh start and take an interest they just revert to type and play as though they’ve only met each other a fortnight ago.
From top to bottom the coaching and management team just fail to inspire. Even with the collection of riches we currently have available they manage to pick an 11 that’s set up to not lose as opposed to go out and win.
The fact that Foden, one of our brightest lights is being made the scapegoat in some quarters makes me think the national team will never win or even impress in another tournament for the foreseeable. It’s a bit grim but entirely expected.
They have some individual talents but look a million miles away from a team and waistcoat himself said last night that if you are not going to win, make sure you don't lose. What a shit attitude to have when playing Scotland

The FA have told Southgate his position is secure regardless of England's performance at the Euros. I wish when I was a company's general manager, I had been told my job was totally safe, even if I was totally useless.

814aebc2f3d982360d94d718473ece99.jpg

There's an ineptness about Southgate that I haven't seen since Schteeve Mcclaren.
Except McClaren lasted 16 months and we have had Southgate for 5 years and counting. I think Graham Taylor is a better comparison, they both got the job because they were yes men who were cheap and they both were hopelessly out of their depth. Hence the FA stick by them!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.