England v Slovakia - Sun 30th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Round of 16

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd expect so too, still not ideal but I think the more sensible solution. Or maybe Gomez on the left I guess.

This just popped up on my timeline:

It's painfully obvious what we had there that we're lacking now.
Partly it was Kane being 4 years younger and having a bit more mobility.

But it was also Sterling's dynamic, driving runs with the ball, Shaw being fit and on the front foot, and Grealish tying things together with well-timed and well-placed passes.

2 of those players aren't in this squad, and the other is probably too injured to feature.

That's okay, that happens - it's 4 years, you won't have the same squad in 2 different tournaments. Players are unavailable for all sorts of reasons.

But we've failed to replace those skillsets, and without them we look very ordinary.

Southgate could change 2/3 players and make us much more attacking but he is a defensive thinker first being a defender and always likes cover for his centre backs!

But we could go to three at the back Gordan as a left sided wing back where I think he has played at Newcastle and Saka as a right wing back. Big like this>

________pickford

___Walker__Stones__Guehi___

Saka___Mainoo_Rice_____Gordan

______Foden__Bellingham_____

________Kane_________

Southgate could change 2/3 players and make us much more attacking but he is a defensive thinker first being a defender and always likes cover for his centre backs!

But we could go to three at the back Gordan as a left sided wing back where I think he has played at Newcastle and Saka as a right wing back. Big like this>

________pickford

___Walker__Stones__Guehi___

Saka___Mainoo_Rice_____Gordan

______Foden__Bellingham_____

________Kane_________
John Stones does not thank you for putting mainoo in midfield. You've just doubled his workload.

I read somewhere that if Trippier can't play (apparently he's missed some training) then Konsa is most likelt to take his place. I hope not as I'm not sure Konsa's ever played left-back in his life.
Why did he take a left back in Luke Shaw who hadn’t played for months, instead of someone like Chilwell or even Cresswell? Ridiculous really.

Going off performances rather than “potential “ we’d struggle against nearly every side left in the euro’s, yet the bookies still have us as favs to win it!! the fuckin mind boggles :-/

I'd expect so too, still not ideal but I think the more sensible solution. Or maybe Gomez on the left I guess.

This just popped up on my timeline:

It's painfully obvious what we had there that we're lacking now.
Partly it was Kane being 4 years younger and having a bit more mobility.

But it was also Sterling's dynamic, driving runs with the ball, Shaw being fit and on the front foot, and Grealish tying things together with well-timed and well-placed passes.

2 of those players aren't in this squad, and the other is probably too injured to feature.

That's okay, that happens - it's 4 years, you won't have the same squad in 2 different tournaments. Players are unavailable for all sorts of reasons.

But we've failed to replace those skillsets, and without them we look very ordinary.

Yeah but we don't know how this tournament pans out

We were not particularly good in the group games in the last Euros. Won two games 1-0 and a 0-0 with Scotland.

We were struggling to create chances in the group games and people were asking for Kane to be dropped and then we got to the knockout stage and started putting some good wins together and looking like a better team, so it's worth waiting to see how this one pans out because we didn't really look much better then than we do now at this stage of the tournament.

The way BBC are talking about Mainoo, its a wonder United didn't won the league by a mile last season.

He's going to make all the difference by all accounts. Have I missed something?

He's not bad on the ball but his positional awareness is shocking , which is part of the reason why the Rags are so easy to play through

he might do alright if he starts tomorrow, but once it comes up against a proper player with experience he will be chasing shadows. Someone like Griezmann would give him the runaround.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.