England v Slovakia - Sun 30th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Round of 16

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I did answer that.

Like most of the favourites in this tournament we’ve lacked confidence, haven’t gelled and been pretty poor.

You will obsessively scream Southgate and yes criticism is valid for Trent in the middle, not finding the right pairing with Rice, subs too late, being negative at times- that’s criticism right ? Or will you just continue to say I’m avoiding the question and can’t answer it ?

How about some questions for you to answer?
Do you accept sometimes in tournaments some sides reach the final and even win it not playing pretty football ? Do you accept some great sides sometimes dig out results when they’ve been poor? Do you accept that sometimes a couple players off their game can make the difference, a bad official decision, hitting the woodwork etc can mean losing a match and it’s not always the managers fault ?
Also do you give Southgate praise for his subs tonight which changed the game?
Firstly you haven't responded to me as far as im aware. Secondly I won't give Southgate any praise as simply put he's wank. We won tonight despite him not because of him. We have several world class players and do not play to their strengths. Look at Spain and the tempo and movement they play with and compare that with England our first shot on goal in the 94th minute. It's just embarrassing.

Yep, we’ve been poor - don’t know how many times have to repeat it.

Often that can be the way to reaching a final and I’d take that all day long, especially if we won it.

Do genuinely think that second half tonight players gave everything , pressed and pressed, Foden unlucky being offside, Rice unlucky hitting woodwork, Kane missing that header when 99 times out 100 he would have buried it. What more could they do? We deserved that equalizer.
I think he needs to find another formation for when the 4 2 3 1 isn't working, which it hasn't so far. Kane Foden and Knobhead need to play well for England to have a chance. He is running out of time to make that happen imho.

Tbh, a big part of me wanted England to lose. It’s become apparent that criticism, or not, depends entirely on which clubs the players play for - this includes from commentators and pundits.

It has become a post truth reality. Bellingham scored a great goal but he was completely ineffective in that 10 role and has been since the first 20 minutes of the first game. Not that I blame him - since clearly the manager has no idea how to set the team up. It’s pure gaslighting though for these people in the media to act like he drove England to success.

Southgate is off after this tournament- so why the worry about the ‘long term health of the national team’ when the next manager will have totally different idea of tactics and formations etc.

Not that anyone will please our nation of moaners regardless how we play.

I ridicule those who want England to lose and are gutted we won again. The ones that tag me in whenever we’re losing with full of glee and now having to wait another round preying we get knocked out. They get my ridicule.
You certainly have made a solid rod for your back regarding England.
Sometimes I wonder why you do it.

What to say about England? As a Scot, I was always told you can only beat what’s in front of you, and by hook and by crook England are still in the competition somehow. So I have to ask, does Southgate learn from his mistakes and play Bellingham deeper, puts Phil in the middle, with Palmer, Eze, or Gordon on the left wing? Or does he believe he persiss in his original game plan, and hope England can scramble their way to the final? They are in the easier side of the draw so it’s all set up for them.

I think the latter and will double down on his team selection and tactics. Whether that is successful remains to be seen.

I admire your blind faith in England and your ability to support knobheads like bellend and kane.

I can't and won't put England above CITY, I can't support dippers or rag players. The fa and the football authorities are constantly trying to screw my Club.

I couldn't give a toss if England never won a match again.
And have the worse kits at the tournament every bloody time.

Umbro... Nike.... They are awful companies at designing stuff for national teams.

Supporting dippers, supporting rags and dancing in the street at it. It makes my skin crawl and I can't ignore my hatred for these specimen just because they are representing 80 percent of the land mass of Brexit Island.

I wouldn't give a crap if the England team ceased to exist and yep, the FA are tossers always scraping the barrel with their "The FA Cup is full of English tradition and is a cultural icon!!" bollocks..... and how they treat us plus how they go out of their way to help the rags.

You certainly have made a solid rod for your back regarding England.
Sometimes I wonder why you do it.

I do aswell when some don’t debate in good faith because they personally hate Bellingham and don’t want England to win.tagging me in whenever we’re losing. They only want to hear negativity and hatred - anything else then it’s ’you’re being a WUM’

Some make fair criticisms and debate well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.