England v Slovakia - Sun 30th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Round of 16

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I honestly don't think that Southgate has any idea and he can't even manage the game itself anymore. The team was knackered and crying for subs. The manager looked clueless and beaten until Bellingham dragged them out of the shit.

I'm not hopeful of anything on Saturday, Slovakia were decent but Switzerland will be a different prospect at the back. There's not a chance in hell that we'll get a pop against Akanji as he's been one of the players of the tournament. My bet is it'll be drab and go to penalties or we'll take a beating.

Selfishly my bigger worry is for the city lads who are playing awfully, they look completely lost in this team.

and if we beat them it's only because 'we're lucky' or 'this Swiss side are the worst in their history' and then of course... 'we won't win the next match'
On and on it goes. But in the unlikely event of us winning it this year I dont want to remember it (In future) as moaning and whining all the way through it.

I get the impression that in the unlikely event we somehow manage to spawn our way to winning this thing, it’s going to completely ruin the summer of some Englishmen on here.
I will be happy for them if they win it absolutely, what i wont be happy with is the narrative that is spun, it is very similar to the rags fa cup win in that it was completely undeserved and ridiculously lucky but was then spun as the big players turned up in big moments and it was a tactical masterclass when anyone that watched any of the games knows it was luck, i find it insulting as a fan that the press dont think we know what we watched, a wins a win and good on them but dont make it any more than it isnt, sometimes its better to be lucky than good but always acknowledge the luck.

Last edited:
Yep, strong side this Swiss, remember to remind people of that when (if we win) they claim we got lucky with the draw playing only shit teams.
The Swiss will be the first decent side we have played since we lost to Brasil.

Can I ask you a couple of questions.

Do you think Southgate will set up the same way with the same team.

And will you be happy if he does?

Do you think Southgate will set up the same way with the same team.

And will you be happy if he does?

I try not get to pent up about tactics and formations and who should start etc, its all a bit tedious when everyone has so many different ideas and rages over the line up - see it week in week out for West Ham, everyone flips about the starting line up and then we go onto win.

so yeh, whatever side lines up i won't be too fussed and see how it pans out.

Personally if i was in charge i would think about dropping Saka or Foden, just give one of them a rest for a match - Palmer has been brilliant every time he's come on, maybe Ezi or Gordon to start instead.

still not sure on that position next to Rice, Trent doesn't work, Gallagher i don't really rate, i'm not sure about Mainoo yet - i think he will stick with Mainoo as there's not really an alternative.

Bold move could be putting Saka left back.

Unsure.

I'll be in the pub early doors and be a good few beers down by kick off, so will likely not a give a shite who plays where. just be supporting and praying we get through again. It won't be easy.

I honestly don't think that Southgate has any idea and he can't even manage the game itself anymore. The team was knackered and crying for subs. The manager looked clueless and beaten until Bellingham dragged them out of the shit.

I'm not hopeful of anything on Saturday, Slovakia were decent but Switzerland will be a different prospect at the back. There's not a chance in hell that we'll get a pop against Akanji as he's been one of the players of the tournament. My bet is it'll be drab and go to penalties or we'll take a beating.

Selfishly my bigger worry is for the city lads who are playing awfully, they look completely lost in this team.

I had this image yesterday at 88 minutes of Southgate just sat there, blank look on his face, thinking "I don't know what to do".

Not sure what transpired changed my mind that was the case.

Yep, strong side this Swiss, remember to remind people of that when (if we win) they claim we got lucky with the draw playing only shit teams.
We’ve been very lucky so far playing “poorer” teams & we’ve struggled every game due to shocking performances, the Swiss are the first “ decent” side we’ve encountered, after last night’s disgraceful performance I’ve no faith in Southgate whatsoever to turn it around, hope I’m wrong mind :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.