England v Slovakia - Sun 30th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Round of 16

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
By saying your not too bothered by tactics or formations it could be taken as a bit of a kop out, Or perhaps you really arnt and will be happy with the same set up? Which hasnt really worked for the last four games. Albeit we are through despite Southgate not because of him in most people's eyes.

I have concluded after last night, that as England fans we have to accept that this is as good as we are ever going to play under him.

We certainly won't ever be even attempting to play like Spain, and we won't be playing to our strengths sadly. Some players are undroppable. And some will never get on the pitch and he can't or won't change tactics.

This is as good as it gets under Gareth.

I'm always a 'let's just see how it pans out' type of fan rather than going mad over tactics and who plays - If i let myself get bothered say about Saka because i don't rate him then i'd feel a mug when he scores a worldie to win us a match. so i'd rather avoid the humble pie. let the manager pick who he wants and just get behind the lads. Not a kop out, just how I've always been as a fan.

this is Southgate's last tournament, it hasn't often always been pretty and we've sometimes been poor over the years but he has built cohesion within the camp, got us the results, given us so many good memories and ultimately taking further than any other England manager since 66.

I hope Southgate tears it all up for the Switzerland game, drops Foden and Walker, replaces them with TAA and Gordon and England get fucking smashed
Could do with Stones pulling a hammy in the first five minutes as well

I've said the way England's tournament ends is Foden gets dropped, we're losing with 15 minutes to go, Southgate finally decides to put Foden in the 10 position off the bench and we suddenly look dangerous but it's all too late.

Phil never looks like he enjoys being with England. I can't blame him, playing for a shite manager and being stuck out of position for inferior players. I'd be half tempted to knock international football on the head if that was me. Carry on smashing it for City, then enjoy his fishing during International breaks. I know he wouldn't because he's a good pro but I'd be tempted.

Maybe Ben White is smarter than he gets credit for. He probably has Southgate sussed out and would rather enjoy his free time.

I'm always a 'let's just see how it pans out' type of fan rather than going mad over tactics and who plays - If i let myself get bothered say about Saka because i don't rate him then i'd feel a mug when he scores a worldie to win us a match. so i'd rather avoid the humble pie. let the manager pick who he wants and just get behind the lads. Not a kop out, just how I've always been as a fan.

this is Southgate's last tournament, it hasn't often always been pretty and we've sometimes been poor over the years but he has built cohesion within the camp, got us the results, given us so many good memories and ultimately taking further than any other England manager since 66.
Are you seriously saying that that performance yesterday was a display that shows "cohesion" in the camp?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.