England v Slovakia - Sun 30th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Round of 16

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The only thing Lee Dixon said all game that made any sense was when he asserted that everyone would forget most of the dross if England actually won the game.

Essentially that's what happened, so despite equalizing with a last minute "Hail Mary"(have City ever scored from a Kyle Walker long throw?) and then taking the lead with an absolute fluke (England don't score if Eze connects properly) we suddenly discover that Billy Big Boots Bellingham is once more our Golden Poster Boy.

Utter dross and our only hope is that Switzerland attack and leave gaps for England to exploit on our the counter attack. Otherwise it will be more of the same.

In the real world, Walker is starting to look 34 and I've actually been far more disappointed with Stones than Foden who simply can't get in the game with those team mates and that formation. He's a "moments" player, but frequently starved of the ball, because Bellingham is also a "moments" player and tries too hard running down blind alleys, and ultimately winning a throw-in.

I don't know why, but Stones looks nervous and error-ridden, whereas for City, he's often driving into the gaps and creating overloads.

Rodri executes a pass before Rice even sees it, but we haven't got a better holding midfielder than Rice. Ditto Harry Kane: Limited football intelligence, but still our best striker.

Mainoo did okay, but was also caught ball watching on 2-3 occasions leaving the defence outnumbered. He might be a promising talent, but that's it.
6/10 when many of his teams mates were equally peripheral or worse.

Meanwhile Pickford's antics frighten me to death. He might as well have "stupid penalty incoming" tattooed on his forehead.

Are you seriously saying that that performance yesterday was a display that shows "cohesion" in the camp?

What i mean by cohesion is more off the pitch, the togetherness of the players and keeping the camp happy/positive. over Southgate's tenures there's been less drama and fall outs i feel and his kept the support of the players.

whereas before it felt like there was always something going on negatively, odd player having a meltdown, more talks of players falling out, the Wags drama etc.

I think his man management on a personal level with players has benefited England and a reason we've progressed far in tournaments under him.

but yeh obviously this crazy view is me trolling.

Last edited:
The problem for decades and the one that persists now is that the England team has and is built on individuals and reputations as well as media and fan hype instead of a team....think back to the so called Golden Generation...Beckham, Scholes Lampard, Gerrard......managers tried to shoe horn them all into the team...it didnt work....

Same now...trying to shoehorn Bellingham and foden into the same team....it aint working.....

You either play Foden in his best position (number 10) or dont play him at all...if you do that you have to drop bellingham deeper and you have to question why soutgate isnt doing that....he cant be that stupid as everyone sees it...and then you watch the interaction of Southgate and players like Bellingham and you wonder who is actually running the asylum...the guard or the prisoners.....Bellingham (and possibly a few others) dont respect Southgate....and while we know he is a limited manager/coach, while he is the manager that needs to be there...if it aint there the team has lost already

You know what a Pep or even a Klopp would do to this team....and certain individuals within it and their "attitude"

I hope Southgate tears it all up for the Switzerland game, drops Foden and Walker, replaces them with TAA and Gordon and England get fucking smashed
Could do with Stones pulling a hammy in the first five minutes as well
Stones’ hammy is due. He’s gone four games uninjured now, a record.

What i mean by cohesion is more off the pitch, the togetherness of the players and keeping the camp happy/positive. over Southgate's tenures there's been less drama and fall outs i feel and his kept the support of the players.

whereas before it felt like there was always something going on negatively, odd player having a meltdown, more talks of players falling out, the Wags drama etc.

but yeh obviously this crazy view is me trolling.
Dull off the pitch and dull on it, part of the problem for me. But then the dull FA want it like this, playing games at a dull national stadium after listening to a dull national anthem.

Get some fucking passion going for god’s sake.

I stated last night but have to repeat that the problems stem from having a right footed left back.
Trippier can only take the ball with his back to the touchline and thus cannot play a forward pass limiting options on the left.
Mrs PJ asked me why the back four were passing to each other all game. The lack of movement in front was eye watering.
Guehi for all his endeavours does not look comfortable on the ball.
Kane looks like his boots are made of cement whilst Saka is predictable.
May not be right but just my honest opinion.

I'll be shocked if England get passed Switzerland, Very well organised team with some seriously good players.

Xhaka is actually having a really good tournament in midfield, Akanji has possibly been the best centre back in the tournament so far along with Schar and then they've a threat up front with Vargas, Ndoye and Embolo.
Think he’s getting on now but I’ve always rated Xhaka. Akanje is sublime at CB.

Maybe Ben White is smarter than he gets credit for. He probably has Southgate sussed out and would rather enjoy his free time.
Probably annoyed that he constantly gets overlooked for Maguire. Ironically, the one tournament Maguire didn't make, he had already fucked Southgate off.

I'd imagine the Gooners would be happy though. Fresh for the new season and away from the dross.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.