England v Slovenia - Tue 25th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've watched most of the games and, England aside, thoroughly enjoyed it so far.

I've managed to miss the decent games, and have suffered a lot of dull affairs so far.

The first games were generally quite good. Teams trying to win. The results of those then dictated what came next and things were generally a bit more cagey, with plenty looking to give themselves a chance of a third place in the final game.

The majority of the final games have been even more cagey and generally negative because of the desire to finish in a third place spot. As a result the competition has been quite sterile.

I'm worried the knockouts will continue that theme and it will be the QFs where we see a bit more action. Tournament football is becoming more like the playoff final where teams don't want to lose more than they want to win.

I never wanted Moyes to go and ideally would have kept him.

would of been happy with Southgate to come in after - think he would actually be a good fit for us.
Fair enough. I don't rate Southgate, but I think Moyes is a good coach. I do see the similarities though, especially for fans that fancy stability.

In a bar in Turkey last night. Every time Foden had the ball and didn't score, the guy in front was saying he's facking shit get him off. I said let me guess. Arsenal fan? He said yes. I said well I think Declan Rice is shit and this generations Ray Wilkins which he obviously couldn't agree on.

We did agree that Southgate should be sacked and Bellingham is the English Pogba

I've watched most of the games and, England aside, thoroughly enjoyed it so far.
I think it's been okay so far, lacks abit of standout players taking the tournament by storm. Some dull games, some entertaining ones, some weaker teams pleasantly surprised me. Just like every international tournament, I suppose. I expect it to really pick up at the knockouts.

This feels like England of old with little groups of players disliking other groups of players. Just look at bellend and taa.
I don't think they necessarily dislike each other - they always seemed to get along okay in previous camps, and it's okay to be closer to some people than others, that happens in any group of people.

If performances aren't quite gelling, that can highlight divisions that wouldn't be a problem if everything was going great. I think there's also been probably too much turnover from previous squads and they've lost some of the players that keep the social aspect fun and friendly. We all know what Grealish brings to a dressing room, but there's also the likes of Maguire and Henderson who are well-liked and respected as sensible, calm heads, Maddison and Mount both seem popular, everyone knows and seems to like Rashford, Sterling etc.

You can't select your squad solely on social dynamics and I'm by no means suggesting that all those players should have gone to the tournament. But if you clear out a bunch of players who are experienced and liked and get on with everyone - and who are vocal and able to talk about disappointments without alienating anyone, and encourage honesty and unity, not to mention enjoying the tournament, amongst the squad - then you lose a lot of value.

Bringing in a load of players who are talented and have had a good season but have previously been peripheral to the England senior set-up would, I imagine, add a bit of quiet and tentativeness to the squad. And there's not many actively welcoming personalities to help bond them all together.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.