England v Switzerland - Sat 6th July, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Quarter-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can't be arsed starting a thread so....
Would the Stuart Pearce City side beat Southgates starting 11 ?
I reckon they would. That's how bad he is.
If Switzerland hadn't scored he would not have made any subs until extra time.

Many people see Kane as a major part of the problem and suggest dropping him. The same people tell us modern football is a squad game but refuse to accept Kane being rotated as part of that squad game.
The bottom line is that he can't be dropped. It would be like Sir Alf not playing Jimmy Greaves for the final couple of games in 1966; and look how that ended.

Very low standards or totally pissed

How do you know "every single one"

Why was the celebrating crowd still giving Southgate stick?

The point is that with this squad the team should not be struggling to beat countries so low in the rankings that they need last minute wonder goals and / or extra time to penalties to beat

Regardless of short spells of euphoria and aside from the happy clappers like yourself, then the country is bored of what Southgate is producing literally falling asleep

Credit to him for organising the penalty shootout at least he got something right, but it reflects the quality of the squad in that there are so many good converters

Would you be happy with West Ham playing this way?

Would you be happy with Southgate as your manager?

This is the same Swiss side that stuffed Italy and drew with Germany with many predicting us to lose.

Yet when we win its ‘we should be comfortably beating these sides’

- I would much rather we played Man City style football and win comfortably against ‘lesser’ teams - but I’m realistic to know it’s NEVER been like that for England and international football is a different beast.

Ive watched plenty of other matches this tournament and entertainment wise it’s not much different to England. France, Germany, Italy etc all been under par and involved in boring games.

I don’t get hung up about tactics, formations, hating individual players etc - it’s tedious and depressing- every fans has a different idea. I’m in the support camp and enjoy the ride regardless if we’re playing well or hanging on for dear life.

We’re lucky under Southgate to keep reaching these late stages of competitions- didn’t happen to often before he come in.

I can get the frustration for many that they continually scream and moan that Southgate is the worst manager ever, his tactics are the worst, he plays players out of position.
Pickford is shit, the defence is shit, rice is a plodder, Mainoo is shit, Saka is shit, Bellingham is the anti christ, Kane is shit … and yet we can’t stop winning and progressing. Must be hard to comprehend. So have to use the ‘we got lucky this time but not next time’ card.

Can't be arsed starting a thread so....
Would the Stuart Pearce City side beat Southgates starting 11 ?
I reckon they would. That's how bad he is.
If Switzerland hadn't scored he would not have made any subs until extra time.
Pearce's side would have beaten Southgate's starting 11, but only away from home.

Well, let's see if they don't know how to be beaten when they come up against a good side.

As predicted, all of a sudden Switzerland are not a good side.

Yet pre match it was full of people saying how tough this will be and how we’d be beaten.

Are Holland a good side ? Or do we just wait to see if we beat them or not before deciding

I bet they'll get to the final winning on penalties, then do it again in the final.

Cue months and months of them being so good, something nice for Brexit Island to have all despite the fact they dogged it while doing a Portugal.

Going on the understated media reaction since yesterday, I'm expecting Saka to walk on water, turn water into wine, and feed the rebuilt North Stand with five loaves and two fish.

Somehow, I have no Idea how, we are in the semi final. A country like England should always get to the quarter finals at least and given our group and the luck of the draw it would have been criminal if we hadn't. I thought Switzerland would beat us but they were quite poor I thought. For once we were superb at penalties.
Yesterday we played better than we have been. It's cup football now and we've all seen not very good teams can win a cup given the rags won the fa cup last season. Here's hoping!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.