England v Switzerland - Sat 6th July, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Quarter-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
England defender Stones said: “I’ve only heard about the criticism he’s (Southgate) been receiving. I saw some fans after one game throwing bottles in his direction. I’m sure that will have motivated him that bit more.‌

“Everyone who has spent time with him and know him as a person, knows how hard he and his backroom staff work. So definitely we want to win for them, ourselves and our families and everyone in the nation.

“He is very clear in what we can achieve as a nation. The great attributes and qualities he has as a manager is that he is simple and clear to the players. ''

England defender Stones said: “I’ve only heard about the criticism he’s (Southgate) been receiving. I saw some fans after one game throwing bottles in his direction. I’m sure that will have motivated him that bit more.‌

“Everyone who has spent time with him and know him as a person, knows how hard he and his backroom staff work. So definitely we want to win for them, ourselves and our families and everyone in the nation.

“He is very clear in what we can achieve as a nation. The great attributes and qualities he has as a manager is that he is simple and clear to the players. ''
I think he meant to say that he clearly comes across as a simpleton to the players

I'm not Southgate's biggest fan either, but he's wholly backed Phil in every press conference, and seemingly has no intention of dropping him tomorrow, which would be hard to argue against if he did.

Hope the rumour that he’s picking Trippier ahead of Alexander-Arnold at right wing-back isn’t true. Seems like a typically over-cautious decision.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.