England vs Iceland - Euro 2016: Last 16 - 27/06/16

It's not hard to decide what system you are going to employ,then pick the players to best make it work. Who may not be the big names of the premier league. Then stick to that system.

Lee Dixon summed it up when he said he knows how the likes of Germany, Italy, Spain, France play but he has no idea how England play.

The fans were actually booing one of Kane's attempted free kicks and it still didn't sink in. He hasn't taken a decent free kick or corner in the entire tournament. Shearer and Lineker called it during the opening game yet nothing changed. He (Kane) is like the annoying school kid who wants to take every set piece.

All too predictable and shouldn't really come as a surprise. Once Hodgson decided to build a team around Rooney then the team were hamstrung before kicking a ball. Almost every decision made over the last 2 years has been with him in mind and to the detriment of a group of gifted footballers.

--------------------Butland---------------
Clyne----Stones-----Smalling---Bertrand
----------------Dier------Wilshere-----------
Sterling----------Barkley----------Welbeck
------------------------Vardy----------------------

Hart
Forester

Shaw
Antonio
Dann
Cahill

Alli
Henderson
Walcott
Ward-Prowse

Kane
Rashford

England aren't a top international side
Exactly this. Why do people seem to think we're on a par with Germany, Spain, Italy, etc?? Why? At best we are a similar level to Portugal, Belgium and Croatia. On a really good day. But we'd lose to those sides more than we beat them. I'm trying to think of a team we're equal to. Wales I guess. That's the level we are.

Reckon the group made England look better than what they were. Wales will be shown up against Belgium as well.

Exactly this. Why do people seem to think we're on a par with Germany, Spain, Italy, etc?? Why? At best we are a similar level to Portugal, Belgium and Croatia. On a really good day. But we'd lose to those sides more than we beat them. I'm trying to think of a team we're equal to. Wales I guess. That's the level we are.

But Wales bring a lot more organization, tactics and heart to the table. Hate to say it, but I guess Bale was right after all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.