England wasting one of the most talented squads ever assembled on Southgate

Every game I've watched under Southgate I've been screaming at the TV: "Don't keep going backwards, FFS!"

It just seems that each time the midfield get the ball, instead of doing something creative and taking the game to the opposition, they pass it back to the defenders and/or the keeper.

It is just so frustrating watching his extremely limited idea of tactics.

Last game we won 7-0. Was you screaming and crying at our defensive playing for this one ? Or is it not every game ? Just likely when we player tougher opposition and you expect us to play all out attack and win 5-0.

Pep, arguably one of the best managers ever, has won the CL after 7 attempts - falling at the QF, SF and final stage previously.

England under Southgate has competed in 3 major tournaments (WC 2018/2022, Euro 2020) and fallen at SF, QF and final stage.

Now, I am not for one second suggesting that Southgate is remotely as good a manager as Pep but there seems to be some double standards on here. If Southgate has underachieved in 3 competitions, has Pep underachieved in the previous 6?

Winning knockout tournaments is hard, and involves a degree of luck as well as skill sometimes (which City fans should be all too aware of!).

Well said and a point I make continually

You can have the greatest manager and greatest squad in the world but it nowhere nears guarantees success in a knock out competition, so many other factors in play.

Could simply be down to a bad ref decision ,key injuries or just don’t play well on the day. All that gets totally forgotten though and it’s back to slagging off the manager.

Pep, arguably one of the best managers ever, has won the CL after 7 attempts - falling at the QF, SF and final stage previously.

England under Southgate has competed in 3 major tournaments (WC 2018/2022, Euro 2020) and fallen at SF, QF and final stage.

Now, I am not for one second suggesting that Southgate is remotely as good a manager as Pep but there seems to be some double standards on here. If Southgate has underachieved in 3 competitions, has Pep underachieved in the previous 6?

Winning knockout tournaments is hard, and involves a degree of luck as well as skill sometimes (which City fans should be all too aware of!).
But pep is going for 4 trophies simultaneously. An international coach has a sole focus of that tournament

The england players get us so far but we need a world class coach to get us over the line.

Let me ask you. What sort of job would southgate get in the prem? Someone like
West ham or such like would take a punt. No where near top 6

But pep is going for 4 trophies simultaneously. An international coach has a sole focus of that tournament

The england players get us so far but we need a world class coach to get us over the line.

Let me ask you. What sort of job would southgate get in the prem? Someone like
West ham or such like would take a punt. No where near top 6
An international coach only gets to work with the players for a fraction of the time that their club coaches do, so they have a limited opportunity to achieve things and get them playing the way they want. I have no idea how Southgate would fare as a PL manager but (a bit controversial perhaps) I actually think Pep might struggle as an international manager as he wouldn't get enough time with the players. We've seen how long it can take some players to adapt to his system even in a club environment.

He's done much better than any other England manager in your entire history, bar Ramsey.
He might not have won anything but neither has anyone else, except Alf, once
That’s true but nobody has had the unbelievable plethora of world class, young talent at their disposal like waistcoat has…
This window of opportunity to win trophies is being wasted, simply because the manager is out of his depth …!

Last game we won 7-0. Was you screaming and crying at our defensive playing for this one ? Or is it not every game ? Just likely when we player tougher opposition and you expect us to play all out attack and win 5-0.

You cant judge him against pub teams which most of the qualifiers are. I would like to thing a English team of championship players could beat most of these.

Southgate is not of the level to coach our lads. Hence he doesnt know how to use Foden. TAA in midfield ahead of Foden, southgate should just for that .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.