England wasting one of the most talented squads ever assembled on Southgate

Copy what Klopp does?
Rashford a quality player?
Against Australia at Wembley, Southgate played TAA as a RB who inverted/roamed into midfield - copying what Klopp was doing with TAA. It didn't work, Southgate was just copy and pasting - even against Australia - it was embarrassing watching - Phillips and Henderson starting at home in a friendly, the because Southgate need TAA in the side he wants to copy Klopp and try play TAA as an inverted RB....

Rashford - he has been awful every time I watched him. He scored a goal against Italy I think in the last International round up, so he's not let Southgate down. There is something mentally cooked in him though, he's letting his career piss down the drain.

Nothing will ever match that!
You’d better not check how many matches we’re on! ;-)

I think drawing in Northern Macedonia to complete this magnificent feat sums it up really. Decent but not great.

We’ll be fine before we go out to Portugal in the Quarter Finals on Penalties.

My spider senses tell me that the Bruno in his username might be in homage to a certain goofy **** who plays in Trafford..
He’s trying to hide it behind suggesting he’s a Newcastle fan and they have a Bruno too, if you know what I mean, Harry.

Shame he’s got his squad number wrong though.

He’s trying to hide it behind suggesting he’s a Newcastle fan and they have a Bruno too, if you know what I mean, Harry.

Shame he’s got his squad number wrong though.
My spider senses are sometimes dulled after sinking 3 bottles of red wine to help me get through that fucking shite so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.. hic! :-)

Arnold should be nowhere near the England midfield.

He's been shoehorned into teams in midfield because he's a shite right back but he's a poor midfield too. He has no sense of positioning, no real ability to control a game. He's good a nice right foot if he has all the time and space to use it, otherwise he's pretty useless and contributes nothing.

A good experienced midfield would completely destroy us in midfield if Arnold plays. I can only hope Southgate doesn't start him in major games.

As for Rashford, he needed dropping from the squad completely. If he gets himself in good form and gets back in on merit then no problem, but he should be nowhere near the squad right now. He offers nothing for either his club or country as it stands.

Maguire shouldn't play. Not only is he a liability, he is way too slow at distribung the ball and getting things moving. He's a liability too though, he nearly put the team in real danger a few times by passing it to their players and leaving the defence exposed. Do that when you're facing someone a quality player in a big game and he's going to punish you. He does it too often.

There is no way that Southgate is going to play a 4 then two 8's as a midfield.

Southgate is still trying to get Boro out of the Championship.

Happen to think Steve Holland is the brainchild behind this England team. He was the influence for Southgate to play 3 at the back in 2018WC - with Walker at RCB. Wonder where he got that idea from - Conte/Chelsea/Azplicueta....

If you have spent time with Jose Rafa and Conte you are going to be one boring pragmatic fucker.
Add in a boring bearded waistcoat wearing dullard wanker who was a centre half for Middlesbrough and holy dull shit Batman springs to mind.

There is no way that Southgate is going to play a 4 then two 8's as a midfield.

Southgate is still trying to get Boro out of the Championship.

Which they probably wouldn't have ended up in had they not employed him. He took over a decent team that qualified for Europe the 2 previous seasons, including a UEFA Cup final months before he got the job had been an established premier league team for 10 years.

He sent them spiralling down to the 2nd tier.

Incredible that he manages England when that's his club CV.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.