Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rate Garcia, I think he’s a really good footballer. He’s impressed me every time he’s played for us. But in them few games there’s been moments when I’ve thought in the league he’d maybe get caught out for not being physically up to it at this stage in his career.
Can't do any worse than Otamendi. But Ota is probably ahead of him regardless.

do you honestly believe Garcia is expecting to play premier league at this stage in his career..I’m sure he is more than happy where he is at

No not necessarily but it's to do with circumstance. Playing two CDMs instead of him would surely make him question his position in the peaking order. Right now, it appears it's Laporte, Stones, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Rodri then him so being 6th choice CB probably wasn't his hope.

No not necessarily but it's to do with circumstance. Playing two CDMs instead of him would surely make him question his position in the peaking order. Right now, it appears it's Laporte, Stones, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Rodri then him so being 6th choice CB probably wasn't his hope.
Oh ffs,it was one game

Oh ffs,it was one game

And it's the only game we can go off regarding Garcia's position in the pecking order. I'm not even arguing that he's ready but it looks apparent that he's behind Rodri as a CB option which is a tad concerning.

And it's the only game we can go off regarding Garcia's position in the pecking order. I'm not even arguing that he's ready but it looks apparent that he's behind Rodri as a CB option which is a tad concerning.
Pep has a history of playing tall DMs into the CB spot, in fact Rodri seems like the more logical choice than Dinho in this regard.

Gonna echo in what others said, he is only 18, Dinho isn't going to be here that long and Otamendi will probably be the same. The lad has time on his side.

Pep has a history of playing tall DMs into the CB spot, in fact Rodri seems like the more logical choice than Dinho in this regard.

Gonna echo in what others said, he is only 18, Dinho isn't going to be here that long and Otamendi will probably be the same. The lad has time on his side.

I agree about Dinho who only has another season after this maximum but we're most likely going to buy a replacement for Otamendi going off reports so the passage to being a first choice CB option doesn't appear clear right now.

I agree about Dinho who only has another season after this maximum but we're most likely going to buy a replacement for Otamendi going off reports so the passage to being a first choice CB option doesn't appear clear right now.
Fair enough, but consider last season we had Dinho, Kompany and Otamendi as CB options, and next season may lose all 3, we can't only have 2 senior CBs in Stones and Laporte, a 3rd is a MUST.

Fair enough, but consider last season we had Dinho, Kompany and Otamendi as CB options, and next season may lose all 3, we can't only have 2 senior CBs in Stones and Laporte, a 3rd is a MUST.

I agree but considering we'll most likely purchase a young CB as we usually do our business and the age of Rodri, it doesn't look like Garcia really has much of a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.