Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puyol is 1.75, Garcia 1.84 - still seems to work out to 9cm but just guessing

(Sorry again Colin Bells Boots but he’s always wrong!!)

depends where you are reading stuff

Puyol 1.78m
Garcia 1.82
Pique 1.94

made me chuckle that did mate

I agree with him. Thank you, fuck off. He only came because of Guardiola. As someone else said, we should be looking for players who want to play for this club. Still pisses me off we’ve taken so good care of Garcia and teached him so much, and when he’s finally picking up pace, he’s off. It’s not very classy of Eric. I could maybe understand in a few years time; but already?

I'd been told so and Transfermarkt, usually very reliable on such, also stated such. Link was posted on here I think?

It would also seem strange Barca are willing to negotiate a decent fee with us if they can pick him up for nowt next year, considering how skint they are.

Transfermarkt changed it today, 1 year.

I suspect the club have known for longer
Eric Garcia's decision came this week. A month ago, #ManCity were confident that they could renew his contract. Over the past week, they were aware that 'a lot was being thought about'. In the last few hours, his desire to return to Barcelona was decided. [
@polballus

It is not great timing whether we knew or not

Just like Bayern never had any part in the Sane leaks...

Certainly takes two to tango and while I am not naive enough to believe Puyol and Pena are innocent, the whole dynamic has changed in the last 48 hours.

Regardless of who instigated the first leak, City are rightly furious that this has come out on the eve of our biggest game this season.

And they don't hold Garcia or his reps responsible.

I'd argue they have a fair insight into how this has gone down.

Absolutely nothing to gain for Garcia's people to leak the original leak to the Spanish press when they could just go directly to Barcelona to conduct business quietly.

And it can't be about the money and leveraging City for a better deal if the motivation to leave is because he wants to return to Barca.

What exactly are you suggesting 'has come out' in the last 48 hrs? That Eric made a decision to leave or that he told Pep finally? He has rebuffed contract extensions since end of last year so no question it takes two to tango, similarly Txiki et al understood both what happens to an expiring contract for a player much less a Catalan cantera kid desiring a return home

The only thing that came out is Pep answering the question - he could've just as easily said he will talk about transfers at the end of CL. Pep never does anything without thinking it through, if nothing else he took the opportunity to contain the story which had been building for months

And indeed there is something to be gained by Puyol & Garcia to leak to Domenech his interest to return. I have repeatedly stated this, a cantera player that leaves on their own volition when they were prioritized must be proactive for any return to be possible, hence the leak. Prior to that all anyone knew was the player had stalled on extending, there were no links for a Barca return until the leak. It was clever from Puyol & Garcia, plus they used an extremely reputable source in Domenech - it applied pressure on the board. Even initially there was speculation that the board were not interested or at best were going to only give the illusion of his pursuit to appease a base that have grown tired of this shite board

The leak was to show interest in returning should the board prioritize him, local papers did not react for weeks after. It built momentum until a response was warranted but absolutely baseless that somehow Barca unsettled the player or engaged in anything unprofessional.

I believe kids refer to this as 'negotiating'. Barca leaked they intend to offer 10M + variables and City come back to leak they value him much higher

There was something about the tenor of Pep's responses and not actually mentioning Barca that made me wonder. Now, makes more sense that they don't intend to be steamrolled by just any offer.

Of course, I can also confirm without any sources needed that there's no way Barca will pay more than 10-15M for a player that is seen as left via the backdoor. Now that Pep confirmed the player will leave, it means it frees the player to respond to questions and if City take a strong stance then Barca will pressure to play things out in the media along with influencing the player to apply pressure too. There's already bad blood there despite professionalism. If you're City you also don't want to alienate potential cantera kids from coming if they sense they will be punished when looking for an exit. No one will want it to drag on until winter when he can sign for free. It's delicate so I do think the messaging reflects that too.

But if it gets played out in the media, well it won't be pretty or good for anyone. A big reason why I still believe it will ultimately go smoothly considering those involved (Puyol, Eric, Pep & Txiki) - City will not want to look foolish and Barca will ultimately let them save some face. Perhaps then 10M will become 15M as a compromise (Along with bonuses) to get it done sooner
You would let us save face,fuck off with that patronising shite,he is our player till he leaves,arrogant twats

What exactly are you suggesting 'has come out' in the last 48 hrs? That Eric made a decision to leave or that he told Pep finally? He has rebuffed contract extensions since end of last year so no question it takes two to tango, similarly Txiki et al understood both what happens to an expiring contract for a player much less a Catalan cantera kid desiring a return home

The only thing that came out is Pep answering the question - he could've just as easily said he will talk about transfers at the end of CL. Pep never does anything without thinking it through, if nothing else he took the opportunity to contain the story which had been building for months

And indeed there is something to be gained by Puyol & Garcia to leak to Domenech his interest to return. I have repeatedly stated this, a cantera player that leaves on their own volition when they were prioritized must be proactive for any return to be possible, hence the leak. Prior to that all anyone knew was the player had stalled on extending, there were no links for a Barca return until the leak. It was clever from Puyol & Garcia, plus they used an extremely reputable source in Domenech - it applied pressure on the board. Even initially there was speculation that the board were not interested or at best were going to only give the illusion of his pursuit to appease a base that have grown tired of this shite board

The leak was to show interest in returning should the board prioritize him, local papers did not react for weeks after. It built momentum until a response was warranted but absolutely baseless that somehow Barca unsettled the player or engaged in anything unprofessional.
Whatever, he’s bang average anyway.

Fucking hell can't you ever shut up with your " informed " fanboy drivel ?

Nobody gives a fuck you pathetic twat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.