Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garcia for me. The boy's fantastic

If Napoli is asking €75m and we are happy at €65m then this will get done. Txiki moving fast.

Laporte/Koulibaly/Aké/Garcia - thats solid set of CBs

One of the things that also piss me off that Guardiola is so reluctant to put Garcia in. If Garcia made these mistakes he would never play in 1st team again

Garcia - Laporte should be our CB pairing

Garcia can play he deserves it on merit but its too soon for Bellis and Doyle

Don't know why Garcia needs rest, think the kid should play as much as possible now.

True, he binned Garcia as soon as he could. Disgusting really considering how he played.

Garcia only cost £1m as well. Should use more of our scouting network

Makes difference having centre back who can actually defend. Try Garcia alongside him, could save us big bucks. If not, then we need right sided top CB to partner him.

Not for me at the highest (ECL & upper EPL) level. Hopefully Barca will come in with an appropriate offer.

Still very young for a cb. I don’t think he ready to be A starter. I wouldn’t be upset if we sold him, equally I wouldn’t be upset if he stayed and we see how he develops.

Looked ok today (more so in the second half) with an element of commanding the defense. Certainly looked better than previous outings - mind you he was up against Bournemouth.

Koundé had a better performance tonight :-)

Was the better CB tonight, although they both had issues.

I do think we take his age for granted; he's only 19. He's not going to be anywhere near ready yet, only the physical freaks tend to be ready in those positions at that age. Especially for a team as strong as ours.

Unfortunately for him I think he was far better suited to what we had in 18/19. A young 5th choice CB with 4 very strong CB options ahead of him. It meant his development could be taken nice and slowly and he'd never be put into high pressure scenarios that would be beyond him and costly for him to underperform in. Then last season after the restart he's now suddenly a starter and all his weaknesses are being exposed for the world to see. Combine all this with the recent revelation he's looking to leave, it's clear to see how opinions on here have soured.

If we sign another CB, and can have 3/4 top CBs to be available for when it really matters, his development can me managed and he can go back on track and progress the way that's best for him. His lack of build means that he probably won't hit the required standard until he's 21/22 at least. Although he's looking to leave, so unless Pep somehow convinces him to have a change of heart, what's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.