Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
The compensation fees for youth players going from one club to another in England(not sure if that includes the whole of the UK) is vastly more than if they leave the country. One is set by the English FA and the other by UEFA (I think).
I think international transfers use a formula set by FIFA, not UEFA, for compensation, which I believe would give us a lower fee than if he went to another English club

I'm seeing similar comments that Dippers made when Sterling left them.
We are actually better than that. It always hurts when somebody wants to leave.
Clubs cut players adrift as soon as they don't need them, so they have to think solely about themselves.

He has potential, and maybe staying would have allowed him to realise that. But the draw of Barca and going home is obviously strong.
We sometimes forget they are real people with private lives.

So let's just wish him well and concentrate on us.

Some of the comments on here are unreal he is a 19 year old lad and has broken into the team, does not matter what the circumstances are for that, hasn’t made any major errors and people are saying he is shit! I am disappointed that he has chosen to leave and like others think he will not be the answer long term but Christ almighty some of you need to have a word with yourselves

He looks a very composed player for one so young. Doesn't panic unlike several of our defenders. He also plays forward passes to feet with precision.
All in all I think he'll be a top class CB so this is disappointing. But as many have said understandable.

While he looks a great footballer, he does look a bit lightweight for the PL in his position.

THB is a decent prospect nothing more, don't get carried away because he is a local kid.

He will have to improve considerably to get anywhere near our squad, hopefully he will but he is not yet the 2nd coming!

Wheras Garcia, who can't defend for shit & isn't as good a defender as THB, is allowed to make exactly the same mistakes & be just as slow as an average 2nd team defender, but is welcome in the first team.

Perhaps if Taylor changes his name to Juan he might get some respect.

Ask yourself this if Garcia stayed would he be our dominate centre back for the next 5 years? For me Garcia is a great player with some great attributes but After watching him he would not be a centre back who would dominate at the back.

Some of the comments on here are unreal he is a 19 year old lad and has broken into the team, does not matter what the circumstances are for that, hasn’t made any major errors and people are saying he is shit! I am disappointed that he has chosen to leave and like others think he will not be the answer long term but Christ almighty some of you need to have a word with yourselves

Depends whether defending is valued as part of a defenders job.

If it is, then so far, he's 19 & shite.

And if anyone says being twice beaten next to the touchline, in your own penalty area & turned inside out by Danny Wellbeck, for example, isn't shite, then we need a new definition for what decent defending actually is.

I'm seeing similar comments that Dippers made when Sterling left them.
We are actually better than that. It always hurts when somebody wants to leave.
Clubs cut players adrift as soon as they don't need them, so they have to think solely about themselves.

He has potential, and maybe staying would have allowed him to realise that. But the draw of Barca and going home is obviously strong.
We sometimes forget they are real people with private lives.

So let's just wish him well and concentrate on us.

The comments here aren’t similar to Liverpool fans at all.

how you can say that??

nobody is wishing death on Garcia, or a terminal illness...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.