Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some clubs that this is the case at. It is borne of a sense of entitlement, the kind that punishes Raz for years because he couldn't possibly want to leave. Barcelona, Liverpool and Bayern undoubtedly have it but, fortunately, we do not, at least not yet, and I hope we never develop it as it is a horrible quality in a fan.

You can already see it here in BM so I am not sure why you would conclude otherwise - check the timeline and see how the sentiments changed. If a player doesn't want to stay, he gets rebuked - ignoring what he has done, how he has done it or even why he may want to leave. This is the fundamental jilted lover syndrome I have spoken about, nothing to do with entitlement but rather ego and many are slaves to it

You can already see it here in BM so I am not sure why you would conclude otherwise - check the timeline and see how the sentiments changed. If a player doesn't want to stay, he gets rebuked - ignoring what he has done, how he has done it or even why he may want to leave. This is the fundamental jilted lover syndrome I have spoken about, nothing to do with entitlement but rather ego and many are slaves to it

Is that how you feel when other clubs sign Barca youngsters ?

Is that how you feel when other clubs sign Barca youngsters ?

Never. I have differing levels of regret or disappointment in decisions involved but I can't recall a time I was angry. Maybe when Jonathon Dos Santos didn't want to accept going on loan due to the way his contract was drawn up but most kids who come up through La Masia aspire to succeed in the 1st team

If they leave, it's typically because they have been deemed surplus to needs or are marginalized somehow. Grimaldo is a good example, he was shabbily treated by this same board along with Rosell & Segura but I hold no grudges against him despite believing he would become the youngest ever promoted defender

You have to respect decisions and not take it personally, you want the best for both club & player

Poaching, however, I hated and this was something that happened a lot due to how professional contracts differed between Spain & UK - that's no longer the case although poaching still occurs. Youth development continues to be a burgeoning business outside of the galactico transfers

If 'jilted lover syndrome' means being happy to be dumped as you didn't want to see her again anyway and it saves you the trouble of dumping her yourself, then I admit to having it.

Never. I have differing levels of regret or disappointment in decisions involved but I can't recall a time I was angry. Maybe when Jonathon Dos Santos didn't want to accept going on loan due to the way his contract was drawn up but most kids who come up through La Masia aspire to succeed in the 1st team

If they leave, it's typically because they have been deemed surplus to needs or are marginalized somehow. Grimaldo is a good example, he was shabbily treated by this same board along with Rosell & Segura but I hold no grudges against him despite believing he would become the youngest ever promoted defender

You have to respect decisions and not take it personally, you want the best for both club & player

Poaching, however, I hated and this was something that happened a lot due to how professional contracts differed between Spain & UK - that's no longer the case although poaching still occurs. Youth development continues to be a burgeoning business outside of the galactico transfers
Jesus, you're full of shit.

So it's only poaching if your youth players find somewhere better to be, what do you call it when you sign up other clubs youth players?

And they only leave if you have no use for them? Strange, I could have sworn we'd signed quite a few of yours in recent years.

The totality of your evidence condemning the player is one sequence of play in the Youth League tournament where the smallest player on the pitch made a run into the box leaving his marker who wasn't Garcia? I suggest you watch more closely at 1:28 where it shows Eric holding the line with his partner in central defense with an eye on the wide player also in a dangerous position and without a defender near him. A defensive team error rather than singling out the object of your agenda. Ignoring as well that City was the only team to come close to beating Barca in that tournament and made it close despite playing the majority of the match a man down. But hey, you want to see what you want to rather than the overall picture

As I say, a 19 year old central defender getting into a starting role at a club like City speaks volumes as does his coach who has repeatedly touted how excellent he is. Pretty clear that on one side there is the preponderance of evidence and expertise while on the other there's you

You haven't got a fucking clue have you ?

It is normally a small minority and short-lived. You are talking about your most successful manager and I am talking about a player who left Liverpool years ago, whose every touch is booed and who had been poached by Liverpool from another club, displaying the utter hypocrisy at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.