Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know. Was Pogba ever a priority for Madrid? You don’t know that either
What I know is that, if I were his agent and believed in him, I, too, wouldn’t want him to waste his prime years where he isn’t winning titles and being the star I believe he could be

This isn’t true

Yes

First of all, Donnarumma is one of the best in the world in his position. He can do much better than AC Milan.
Having said that, all you are doing is posting quotes from someone who is involved at the very core of this issue and has an obvious biased view of the issue. It means nothing.

Raiola is an asshole, everybody knows that and I have said so many times in this thread. That is an irrelevant point. What does these last quotes have to do with anything? (He isn’t 100% wrong about Cruyff though... lol... and I idolize him)
I go back to the general point. The vast majority of agents are assholes who are involved in shady dealings. That doesn’t stop them from fighting for their clients.

The best players will always be involved in talks of moves. They all have at some point in their careers. Tell me ONE who hasn’t. Even MESSI now has with his FATHER as his agent.

I don’t think we would need Mino for that. You get a player who becomes for you the top scorer in your league and in the Champions League, expands your global brand and brings in commercial returns, in ANY club in the world he would be receiving top wages that would be simply compatible with what they are achieving and bringing in.

Another arrogant, condescending and full of “bollocks” post by me for all the people here to complain about!
I enjoyed reading it!

There's one fact that keeps coming back to me that makes me think it's Haaland that we are going after. Why would we run the risk of angering a club legend almost essentially forcing him out the door, if we weren't going for someone huge.

Part of the reason for the club's success is that they bridge over to the next generation, Kane doesn't feel like a signing that would do that.

I get Kane is a world-class player, but at the same time that doesn't feel like someone you bring in at the expense of a club legend, especially at his age, and with his injury record.

It feels like we are building for the next generation in a team that is already able to win now.

Kane just doesn't fit the profile to me, Haaland does.

There's one fact that keeps coming back to me that makes me think it's Haaland that we are going after. Why would we run the risk of angering a club legend almost essentially forcing him out the door, if we weren't going for someone huge.

Part of the reason for the club's success is that they bridge over to the next generation, Kane doesn't feel like a signing that would do that.

I get Kane is a world-class player, but at the same time that doesn't feel like someone you bring in at the expense of a club legend, especially at his age, and with his injury record.

It feels like we are building for the next generation in a team that is already able to win now.

Be careful, they will call your post “bollocks” and arrogant!!

I, myself, share with you this suspicion, as I have shared in a couple of recent posts, and even the way the Kane situation has been handled makes that suspicion even stronger

Be careful, they will call your post “bollocks” and arrogant!!

I, myself, share with you this suspicion, as I have shared in a couple of recent posts, and even the way the Kane situation has been handled makes that suspicion even stronger
The complete silence about Haaland over the last month makes me think he could be the one and a deal is well under way,

In saying that, Dortmund qualifying for the Champions League has no helped our pursuit.

Either way Kane or Haaland is not hardship, first world problems!

The main problem I see with Haaland, is the total cost involved with the package, transfer fee, agents fees and also his wages. This is one of the reasons why, I can see our power brokers going down the path of Kane, if Levy will play ball.

Everyone's finances have been affected by the pandemic, and with Kane being a solution, which I am sure would give our club instant results within our team, really makes me feel that this could well be the way City will go.

I certainly appreciate the talent that Haaland has, but maybe they will take the EPL's top striker instead, because it could well be quite a few million saved, for a proven EPL goal scorer, because there are really no other alternatives.

The main problem I see with Haaland, is the total cost involved with the package, transfer fee, agents fees and also his wages. This is one of the reasons why, I can see our power brokers going down the path of Kane, if Levy will play ball.

Everyone's finances have been affected by the pandemic, and with Kane being a solution, which I am sure would give our club instant results within our team, really makes me feel that this could well be the way City will go.

I certainly appreciate the talent that Haaland has, but maybe they will take the EPL's top striker instead, because it could well be quite a few million saved, for a proven EPL goal scorer, because there are really no other alternatives.
The wages is the big issue I can imagine, the club won’t want to break their structure, aside from that I think the club would surely be better off breaking the bank for haaland for The extra 10 or 20 million that it probably would be.

youve got the potential as others have alluded here for a player that could spend the next 10 years at the club, and if not should have a resale value that would get most if not more of our original fee back if he was to want to leave a few years down the line.

haalands already a global superstar and would be majorly marketable, so even there that’s surely money back on the deal, i know the club don’t tend to do them sorts of deals but the club I imagine would definitely take it into consideration, which theyve showed with the Messi interest the past couple of years.

in terms of ease of the transfer, haaland has a free summer as Norway aren’t at the euros, which could potentially make negotiations easier between the club, also of course gives him the summer to bed in.

I think there’s still a good chance we sign haaland, also a good chance we sign Kane. Think all will become a little clearer after the final on Saturday.

The wages is the big issue I can imagine, the club won’t want to break their structure, aside from that I think the club would surely be better off breaking the bank for haaland for The extra 10 or 20 million that it probably would be.

youve got the potential as others have alluded here for a player that could spend the next 10 years at the club, and if not should have a resale value that would get most if not more of our original fee back if he was to want to leave a few years down the line.

haalands already a global superstar and would be majorly marketable, so even there that’s surely money back on the deal, i know the club don’t tend to do them sorts of deals but the club I imagine would definitely take it into consideration, which theyve showed with the Messi interest the past couple of years.

in terms of ease of the transfer, haaland has a free summer as Norway aren’t at the euros, which could potentially make negotiations easier between the club, also of course gives him the summer to bed in.

I think there’s still a good chance we sign haaland, also a good chance we sign Kane. Think all will become a little clearer after the final on Saturday.
Wages can be sorted just like when we signed Kun.

He signed on a very good contract but with the promise the contract would be improved and extended if he proved he worth to the club. The club did just that, he was rightly handsomely rewarded and more importantly for the player he won a treasure trove of titles.

The only issues with Haaland are agent fees and Dortmund. With the latter Riaola may well have the veto, if he wants his player at City, Dortmund will have no choice but to sell.

Actually, there are alternatives, but with regards to “few million (sic) saved”, as has been discussed, long term whatever Haaland cost would be paid back quite easily. That and the cliche about “wage structure” isn’t and has never been the issue. That would be reaching a deal with Dortmund, which I still think is very possible. The choice between Haaland and Kane, despite what some have begun telling themselves as they now believe the fresher narrative that “Kane will happen”, is a no-brainer

Actually, there are alternatives, but with regards to “few million (sic) saved”, as has been discussed, long term whatever Haaland cost would be paid back quite easily. That and the cliche about “wage structure” isn’t and has never been the issue. That would be reaching a deal with Dortmund, which I still think is very possible. The choice between Haaland and Kane, despite what some have begun telling themselves as they now believe the fresher narrative that “Kane will happen”, is a no-brainer
Who are the alternatives in regards to proven strikers that are equal to Haaland and Kane, that would be available?

I do think the club has a clear structure on performance based wages, KDB is I believe our highest earner, and it has taken six years to get to the figure he has. I just don't see us stumping up what has been reported that Raiola wants for Haaland's base salary, so personally I do feel this would be a sticking block if their demands are true.

Who are the alternatives in regards to proven strikers that are equal to Haaland and Kane, that would be available?

First of all, are Haaland and Kane “available” (according to your definition) to begin with?
Because that expands the list immensely.
But we have been linked (whether truthfully or not, is a different story) with three: Lukaku, André Silva and Lewandowski. I wouldn’t add Martinez to that list, but some might. One could argue these three (or four) would be easier and cheaper to get than the other two. So saying there isn’t an alternative just isn’t true. I, myself, would never even put Kane in second place for options

I do think the club has a clear structure on performance based wages, KDB is I believe our highest earner, and it has taken six years to get to the figure he has. I just don't see us stumping up what has been reported that Raiola wants for Haaland's base salary, so personally I do feel this would be a sticking block if their demands are true.

Be careful believing every report that comes out, especially about wages.
I understand the point about “performance based wages”, but when we talk about stars that add something different to the club, and you could argue only KdB is somewhat there right now, we just haven’t had a case of one arriving and quickly jumping to the top. We all agree if Messi were to arrive, he would be subject to a different kind of wage consideration. But that would also be the case for a Mbappe or Haaland very soon, because of what they bring to the club commercially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.