Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
His,
What’s your thoughts on Andre Silva or Joao Felix. I ask because I don’t see City paying over 100m for Kane or Haaland. Would one of the 2 players I mentioned be a viable alternative?.
In terms of viability, I assume with Frankfurt out of the UCL, Silva easily is, and Felix would depend on what Atletico wants. Are they ready to give up on him? If they are, he would still cost quite a bit, but a deal could be worked out.
I just don’t think Felix is a goal machine like we are looking for. I think there’s a bit of fetish in thinking that if Pep just got his hands on him, he would turn into pure gold. I don’t think it’s that simple
I also think it’s easy to overestimate Silva by just looking at the number of goals he scored THIS season. I’m no fan especially because he is someone I’ve known for a bit, so I’ve seen his lows, even if admittedly he has finally developed into a more reliable striker. Like Kane, he can go missing in some games, and notably big moments, and that has happened even in this season, his best yet. But they have similar qualities and similar physical presence. I wouldn’t criticize the club for picking Silva over Kane if that were the choice, or be shocked at all.

Pennies, 75,000,000 is a lot of money still, Dortmund won't be bullied into anything they don't want, if it suits Dortmund for haaland to stay, then he will stay unless they get the money they want, see sancho last year.

It's looking like sancho will leave this summer, would they risk getting rid of haaland as well? They need to qualify for the champs league the season after as well, after their struggles this year I can't see both going unless they get the money they want

Agree on your first point, but I do think Dortmund would come to a deal, would just take a bit of a dance. Levy actually has a stronger hand to play, Kane has 3 years on his contract and his value wont drop as significantly next year.

Would they sell both? I think they would. Don't think both were in their long term plans anyway. With sancho money, they can replace him and strengthen a bit. With the money of both though, they can replace both (probably already have unearthed new gems), strengthen other areas in the team, and still pocket some.

As we saw with hazard when chelsea won the champions league, we win on Saturday that will make things easier with whoever we want, I would prefer haaland, a very exciting player, and a player imo would benefit greatly from the coaching he would get at city, imagine this lad with 2 years under pep ,quite scary

As we saw with hazard when chelsea won the champions league, we win on Saturday that will make things easier with whoever we want, I would prefer haaland, a very exciting player, and a player imo would benefit greatly from the coaching he would get at city, imagine this lad with 2 years under pep ,quite scary

With Hazard, it was not winning the champions league that made the difference, not as the competition itself. It was the fact that it then gave Chelsea Champions league the next season, which they didn't have via the PL table.

First of all, are Haaland and Kane “available” (according to your definition) to begin with?
Because that expands the list immensely.
But we have been linked (whether truthfully or not, is a different story) with three: Lukaku, André Silva and Lewandowski. I wouldn’t add Martinez to that list, but some might. One could argue these three (or four) would be easier and cheaper to get than the other two. So saying there isn’t an alternative just isn’t true. I, myself, would never even put Kane in second place for options

Be careful believing every report that comes out, especially about wages.
I understand the point about “performance based wages”, but when we talk about stars that add something different to the club, and you could argue only KdB is somewhat there right now, we just haven’t had a case of one arriving and quickly jumping to the top. We all agree if Messi were to arrive, he would be subject to a different kind of wage consideration. But that would also be the case for a Mbappe or Haaland very soon, because of what they bring to the club commercially.
I think Kane and Haaland are definitely available for the right money, probably more so than two of the three that you mentioned, although maybe Silva would be though. Rummenigga announced Lewandowski will not be going anywhere, and I personally think City would not pursue Lukaku, and I'm unsure about Silva. Also would City be really interested in any of the three mentioned?

Please read my whole post about wages, I certainly do not believe what is touted in the press is 100% true, which is why I did put "if their demands are true".

It would be sensible to wait for Haalands release clause to kick in at the end of next season if we were the only game in town but I think Raiola’s wage demands for him and the desperation of the La Liga twins and possibly PSG if Mbappe goes elsewhere could be an obstacle. Give him the reported £500k a week and it is likely to create disharmony in the squad and I can’t see the us going down that route.

I think Kane and Haaland are definitely available for the right money, probably more so than two of the three that you mentioned, although maybe Silva would be though. Rummenigga announced Lewandowski will not be going anywhere, and I personally think City would not pursue Lukaku, and I'm unsure about Silva. Also would City be really interested in any of the three mentioned?
How is Rummenigge saying Lewandowski isn’t going anywhere different from Levy and Watzke doing about the same? They all can be persuaded, especially an older player like Lewa.
Why do you think we wouldn’t pursue Lukaku?
As for the final question, we won’t ever know the complete answer

An acknowledgment of the money we wasted on certain Brazilian players although these days it should be testimony to Fernandinho’s guile which is as sharp as a popular lady’s waxing
Pretty sure Eddy, fern, and gabby would like to have a have a word. Hope you’ll be rooting for Kayky too. That’s another one we got on the super cheap. Maybe Metinho as well. Perhaps a name change is in order?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.