Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main problem I see with Haaland, is the total cost involved with the package, transfer fee, agents fees and also his wages. This is one of the reasons why, I can see our power brokers going down the path of Kane, if Levy will play ball.

Everyone's finances have been affected by the pandemic, and with Kane being a solution, which I am sure would give our club instant results within our team, really makes me feel that this could well be the way City will go.

I certainly appreciate the talent that Haaland has, but maybe they will take the EPL's top striker instead, because it could well be quite a few million saved, for a proven EPL goal scorer, because there are really no other alternatives.
We wouldn’t have even gotten this far down the road, if we felt this was going to be an issue. I think Kane is actually the harder deal to do, simply because I think Levy would prefer to sell him abroad, and I think he will charge crazy numbers as well, Kane is the England captain he will easily be on 300K a week, if not more.

We wouldn’t have even gotten this far down the road, if we felt this was going to be an issue. I think Kane is actually the harder deal to do, simply because I think Levy would prefer to sell him abroad, and I think he will charge crazy numbers as well, Kane is the England captain he will easily be on 300K a week, if not more.
Agreed, Kane will be far harder a deal to get over the line and far more expensive.

The complete silence about Haaland over the last month makes me think he could be the one and a deal is well under way,

In saying that, Dortmund qualifying for the Champions League has no helped our pursuit.

Either way Kane or Haaland is not hardship, first world problems!
The conversation for Haaland with Dortmund is a very simple one, if his reps play ball

Alfie: He has a release clause of 75M next year, he’s not signing a new deal, has no interest in staying, He wants to play in England, so you can either take the 115M from city, which is more than anyone can offer you in this market. or you can let your generational talent walk for pennies in a years time.

The conversation for Haaland with Dortmund is a very simple one, if his reps play ball

Alfie: He has a release clause of 75M next year, he’s not signing a new deal, has no interest in staying, He wants to play in England, so you can either take the 115M from city, which is more than anyone can offer you in this market. or you can let your generational talent walk for pennies in a years time.
Pennies, 75,000,000 is a lot of money still, Dortmund won't be bullied into anything they don't want, if it suits Dortmund for haaland to stay, then he will stay unless they get the money they want, see sancho last year.

It's looking like sancho will leave this summer, would they risk getting rid of haaland as well? They need to qualify for the champs league the season after as well, after their struggles this year I can't see both going unless they get the money they want

Pennies, 75,000,000 is a lot of money still, Dortmund won't be bullied into anything they don't want, if it suits Dortmund for haaland to stay, then he will stay unless they get the money they want, see sancho last year

Yes I’m aware it’s a lot of Money, but let’s use Mbappe as an example of what around we think Haaland would go for, Mbappe went for double what his clause is in a years time. They’re not going to let that sit there

Yes I’m aware it’s a lot of Money, but let’s use Mbappe as an example of what around we think Haaland would go for, Mbappe went for double what his clause is in a years time. They’re not going to let that sit there
They will if it suits them, you said for eg offer 115m ,thats 30m above the buy out clause, sell sancho and haaland and they don't get champions league maybe, the following season that's a 50m loss in champions league money

People really underestimate how easy it is for Dortmund to qualify for the UCL. I think the last time they missed was over a decade ago. This year, it seemed like they could struggle, and they still finished third, only one point behind Leipzig. And Leipzig is not looking so strong for next season already. I don’t think they worry about not making into the UCL at all

There's one fact that keeps coming back to me that makes me think it's Haaland that we are going after. Why would we run the risk of angering a club legend almost essentially forcing him out the door, if we weren't going for someone huge.

Part of the reason for the club's success is that they bridge over to the next generation, Kane doesn't feel like a signing that would do that.

I get Kane is a world-class player, but at the same time that doesn't feel like someone you bring in at the expense of a club legend, especially at his age, and with his injury record.

It feels like we are building for the next generation in a team that is already able to win now.

Kane just doesn't fit the profile to me, Haaland does.

I agree and share this feeling. Aguero himself is claimed to have supposedly said he knows the club are bringing in a striker (if you beleive tyler, and other reports). If a club are looking to replace him, it has to be someone appropriate, as a whole profile player and not just in numbers. If they really think that is Kane, I'm all for that, but I half feel it may not be, and we are reading more into his interview which, I know people take as the final part of almost a done deal, but I still see as a 'come get me' putting himself out attempt, more than anything else.

People really underestimate how easy it is for Dortmund to qualify for the UCL. I think the last time they missed was over a decade ago. This year, it seemed like they could struggle, and they still finished third, only one point behind Leipzig. And Leipzig is not looking so strong for next season already. I don’t think they worry about not making into the UCL at all
His,
What’s your thoughts on Andre Silva or Joao Felix. I ask because I don’t see City paying over 100m for Kane or Haaland. Would one of the 2 players I mentioned be a viable alternative?.

The main problem I see with Haaland, is the total cost involved with the package, transfer fee, agents fees and also his wages. This is one of the reasons why, I can see our power brokers going down the path of Kane, if Levy will play ball.

Everyone's finances have been affected by the pandemic, and with Kane being a solution, which I am sure would give our club instant results within our team, really makes me feel that this could well be the way City will go.

I certainly appreciate the talent that Haaland has, but maybe they will take the EPL's top striker instead, because it could well be quite a few million saved, for a proven EPL goal scorer, because there are really no other alternatives.

Nothing can convince me, at this stage at least and up to now, that Haaland would be more expensive than Kane. Particularly as significantly as people make out. Both will cost a lot, in transfer fee and be on significant wages. And neither would be any easier to get off their respective clubs/chairmen.

If one wants to join, the other doesn't, that may be the difference, but surely as an attractive club, we are equally appealing to both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.