Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh, think Xmas got to you !! football Manger ;-)
FWIW, the press seem to be upping our chances of getting Erling. No one really knows, and am surprised some seem entrenched in their opinions on this forum. Past experience shows, we all know FA.

TBH I didn't have that many scoops on Christmas Day. Maybe today?

Just an opinion. It's nothing more.

This Haaland saga will play out for the remainder of the season and into the Summer before Erling, Alf, and Raiola all decide where He is going. If people thought Isco and Ronaldo was a Circus, we haven't seen anything yet.

Yaya, David Silva, Aguero, Fernandinhio, Gundo, Dias, Sterling, Mahrez etc may all disagree.

We pay for the big players in fees and wages when they are players that will improve this team.

We will not pay too much for any player, we set a value and stick to it, that is called good business practise and why we have and will continue to be a model run, successful football club.
besides maybe Yaya..None of those players as good as they turned out (world beaters some of them) were the most sort after player in the world at the time (Maybe Kun but i doubt it...he was a very hot prospect and had been tearing up the spannish league but he didnt have the profile Haaland has at present --maybe some of that isnt deserved and Maybe Haaland isnt as good as kun was at his age but thats irrelevant to what we are talking about hear.......Haaland is a marquee signing, someone EVERY big team will go for, and we dont really do those.....nd none of those players you have mentioned at the time they signed for us were in that bracket

besides maybe Yaya..None of those players as good as they turned out (world beaters some of them) were the most sort after player in the world at the time (Maybe Kun but i doubt it...he was a very hot prospect and had been tearing up the spannish league but he didnt have the profile Haaland has at present --maybe some of that isnt deserved and Maybe Haaland isnt as good as kun was at his age but thats irrelevant to what we are talking about hear.......Haaland is a marquee signing, someone EVERY big team will go for, and we dont really do those.....nd none of those players you have mentioned at the time they signed for us were in that bracket
Haaland looks exceptional and a player I would love in sky blue, but stats apart he has done nothing as yet, so he is very similar to the players signed in the past decade.

I'd love it if he came to us but I think we would have to change our financial model to get him.
Dušan Vlahović is a much more likely option.

https://www.sundayworld.com/sport/s...ld-be-made-sooner-than-expected-41183418.html Big big news, the chance of us signing Haaland on a pre-contract in January is very high…

A) it is impossible for him to sign a pre-contract, with 2.5 years still to go on hia current one. pre-contracts are for the last 6 months of a player's contract, not applicable to a release clause.

B) Even if that article alone is what you are going off of, it literally says the exact opposite, that no decision will be made in January.

C)shit source

A) it is impossible for him to sign a pre-contract, with 2.5 years still to go on hia current one. pre-contracts are for the last 6 months of a player's contract, not applicable to a release clause.

B) Even if that article alone is what you are going off of, it literally says the exact opposite, that no decision will be made in January.

C)shit source
Not quite true. If clubs agree a fee, it absolutely is possible to pre-arrange a transfer for any date you like. Clubs can insert a ‘start date’ as they wish.

That said, I think the article is a heap of bollocks. But theoretically yes, it is possible.

Haaland looks exceptional and a player I would love in sky blue, but stats apart he has done nothing as yet, so he is very similar to the players signed in the past decade.

What is it you mean by done nothing yet.

Not specifically Haaland, more what does a player have to do to have done something.

Not quite true. If clubs agree a fee, it absolutely is possible to pre-arrange a transfer for any date you like. Clubs can insert a ‘start date’ as they wish.

That said, I think the article is a heap of bollocks. But theoretically yes, it is possible.

That is not a pre-contract then. It is a transfer between clubs. No it is not possible, not in the sense it was claimed.

We agree the article is mince.

That is not a pre-contract then. It is a transfer between clubs. No it is not possible, not in the sense it was claimed.

We agree the article is mince.
We do agree, unfortunate as it may be.

The contract agreement would come after, also with the start date as agreed by the clubs. In short, we could theoretically agree a deal with both BVB and Haaland for January 2024 if we wish. Dates are absolutely not a blocker, it’s just rare because things change quickly. Huge risk for the buying club’s finances (as covid has shown), and a risk for the player (UCL qualification etc).

There’s nothing stopping us agreeing a deal now, for summer. On paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.