Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mino is an excellent agent and his arrogance has been earned. Also he does brilliantly for his clients and his job description doesn't involve feeding the ego of the "history" clubs. Most of the tantrums he throws across comes from his clients anyway. Exhibit : Mr Paul Pogba
I still feel Jorge Mendes is worse as he purposely does deals across multiple clubs just to earn that extra commision. I don't know how many players he has thrown Wolves way that they don't even need.
Semedo is just a waste of space but somehow he managed to convince wolves to pay a hefty sum for him.
Also that 17/18 year old kid lauded to be the next big thing.

I have to say I think Mino has done a really excellent job with Haaland so far so I don't begrudge him the money we will spend there.

I don't know how exactly his career was planned between the 3 of them, but going from Norway to Red Bull Salzberg when a lot of big clubs wanted him as a youth prospect, leveraging that to get the low buyout, then using that buyout to pick the perfect stepping stone in Dortmund, moving at exactly the right time, and with another buyout included so he's not trapped like Sancho is.

He'll make himself a lot of money with 3 transfers in 4 years, but they've also picked the perfect club for the kid's development at each junction.

I recently read that Mino was one of the first agents in football to understand the importance of helping players settle in a new country.

Lots of players used to go abroad and come home after a year being considered a failure.
Mino spent money on having people look after his players, get them a house, sort phones, bank accounts even went as far as making sure they was able to get food they enjoyed.

It’s now common practice for the club to look after you but Mino was doing it first.
He loves a pound note but he’s players love him as he does seem to be fairly smart and chooses the right career path for people.

I have to say I think Mino has done a really excellent job with Haaland so far so I don't begrudge him the money we will spend there.

I don't know how exactly his career was planned between the 3 of them, but going from Norway to Red Bull Salzberg when a lot of big clubs wanted him as a youth prospect, leveraging that to get the low buyout, then using that buyout to pick the perfect stepping stone in Dortmund, moving at exactly the right time, and with another buyout included so he's not trapped like Sancho is.

He'll make himself a lot of money with 3 transfers in 4 years, but they've also picked the perfect club for the kid's development at each junction.
Been saying this for ages, but Mino is a fucking great agent. He's done a great job in Haaland's development as you point out, his guys get paid at the top of the market in wages, they stay where they want to stay and he gets them moves when they want to go - and then he takes all all the heat for it himself. There's a great comparison for him in baseball named Scott Boras, players love him and fans hate him, which usually means he's doing a great job.

Been saying this for ages, but Mino is a fucking great agent. He's done a great job in Haaland's development as you point out, his guys get paid at the top of the market in wages, they stay where they want to stay and he gets them moves when they want to go - and then he takes all all the heat for it himself. There's a great comparison for him in baseball named Scott Boras, players love him and fans hate him, which usually means he's doing a great job.
If we win the league this year, we've won 5 in 10, never missed the CL in 10 years, got the best manager, best owners, biggest finances, best league to play in, best defence. He'd be first-choice striker by far & have no real competition. That & the link with his Dad.

Raiola will just get him the best deal, as he deserves, but we're the best place for him, and they both know that.

I haven't seen him playing a football match because I don't have access to the German league...Do we know for sure he would be the right fit for Pep's system?

And there is the small detail of dealing with Raiola...not a big fun of his antics and I heard City hates dealing with him

That's what I thought about Bayern....but they dont usually like to spend huge amounts

Plus their game plan rests on tapping the player a couple of years, use the german football hierarchy to put pressure on the player (if he is german), make sure his ex-club and national teammates go wax lyrical of Bayern and their infinite glory, destabilize him and yes urge him not to sign a contract extension with dreams of a hefty sign on fee and wages. I am ready Upamecano is the latest player in this trap.
Haaland falls under none of this criteria. He already has roots in England and Raiola has been smart enough to indulge Haaland in a contract which makes his next transfer destination easy. So there won't be any running down the contract.

Lewy has contract until 2023 and is showing no decline.

This season I would say that Haaland for sure does not transfer to Bayern. What happens next season might be open. But I do not think that Lewy will give more than a handful of matches to a successor in 2022/23 - and 2023 might not be the end.

If Dortmund does not qualify for the CL next season I am pretty sure that Haaland will leave this summer.

Plus their game plan rests on tapping the player a couple of years, use the german football hierarchy to put pressure on the player (if he is german), make sure his ex-club and national teammates go wax lyrical of Bayern and their infinite glory, destabilize him and yes urge him not to sign a contract extension with dreams of a hefty sign on fee and wages. I am ready Upamecano is the latest player in this trap.
Haaland falls under none of this criteria. He already has roots in England and Raiola has been smart enough to indulge Haaland in a contract which makes his next transfer destination easy. So there won't be any running down the contract.
Are you implying that Bayern are cunts? If so I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.