Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus their game plan rests on tapping the player a couple of years, use the german football hierarchy to put pressure on the player (if he is german), make sure his ex-club and national teammates go wax lyrical of Bayern and their infinite glory, destabilize him and yes urge him not to sign a contract extension with dreams of a hefty sign on fee and wages. I am ready Upamecano is the latest player in this trap.
Haaland falls under none of this criteria. He already has roots in England and Raiola has been smart enough to indulge Haaland in a contract which makes his next transfer destination easy. So there won't be any running down the contract.
I doubt Upemecano or any player see it as a trap. Like Haaland they are free do do as they please. If it's a trap for anyone it's the selling clubs.

Chelsea?! Money wise how they going to compete? Or is ffp being scrapped. Chelsea next accounts will have a massive loss.

It's not even a money thing; why would Haaland ever pick Chelsea over City? He clearly has an affinity to our club, we're have a better squad than Chelsea, better manager, better sporting project, made UCL repeatedly, consistently challenge for all major honours etc. Chelsea are miles off where we are.

It's not even a money thing; why would Haaland ever pick Chelsea over City? He clearly has an affinity to our club, we're have a better squad than Chelsea, better manager, better sporting project, made UCL repeatedly, consistently challenge for all major honours etc. Chelsea are miles off where we are.

He may have taken a likening to that Dads army singing Chelsea pensioner

If we win the league this year, we've won 5 in 10, never missed the CL in 10 years, got the best manager, best owners, biggest finances, best league to play in, best defence. He'd be first-choice striker by far & have no real competition. That & the link with his Dad.

Raiola will just get him the best deal, as he deserves, but we're the best place for him, and they both know that.
We believe the right place is here at City but Mino hasn't got these deals over the line over the last 10 years just being shrewd or best place for his client its about the best package & that inc himself as much as the player

Mino will strike a deal for Haaland knowing he will make big money out of him at least 3 times, so for him personally he will be expecting around £20m for his services at least
Chelsea would pay £100m transfer, £350.000 a week wages + bonuses, £10m agent fees without any questions
City would pay £100m less Sancho clause which would be lost to Haaland & Mino the wages become a different ball game with so many new deals to be done like Kev, Sterling, Stones, Cancelo will get a pay rise imo & Dias will be given new terms after his 1st year we need to tie him down for another 6 years at least
Loads to be done & thats before any Messi dream talk
Mino is the best out there but he wont think twice sending him somewhere unexpected knowing he still has 2 more deals for Haaland in his back pocket
I also think he still wants Pogba gone so UTD could do a deal

United are fed up with Mino because of Pogba shenanigans, but I never credit United with any principles when they become separate or need to appear relevant.

They do well to get money back on Pogba this summer, but will probably get £70m.

Added to Lingard, Jones, Dalot and maybe a couple of others, they will have cash to spend.

But not for Haaland, Sancho and a top class centre back.

So Messi, Grealish and Haaland to us (no left back?) with Sancho and Upemecano to the Rags?

You can't underestimate the lure of that there London to young domestic & foreign players.
Personally I hate the place having lived & worked there but to some, it is a bright shining beacon of light.

Not until summer 2022, which is why some clubs are prepared to pay a premium this year to tempt Dortmund to do business at the end of the season.

As I say, Dortmund want to sell Sancho this summer because they feel his price is reducing in the present climate and has fewer takers.

United were very interested when he moved to Dortmund but Haaland and his dad did not feel comfortable Solskjaer would be there for the long term.

I'd say they would only try to sign him again if it was in 2022, at the reduced buyout.

They simply can't afford to buy a top class central defender this summer and also secure Sancho.

There is a perfect storm arsing for City and we know it.

I think Chelsea is our main rival at present.
Surely tipped massively (sorry!) in our balance, should they not get champions league football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.