Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont need to buy a replecement for Mendy, have many in the club that can play LB, Zinchenko, Ake, Laporte, Cancelo can all play there and will be enough cover.
Mendy can’t get a game, seems like Pep doesn’t trust him and he can’t stay fit. Ake and Laporte are CBs. Cancelo is a RB. We need an out and out left footed LB. Keep Zinchenko

I suspect an incoming will very much depend on an outgoing,or two.
Agree

We absolutely must get rid of Mnedy for starters...he is a waste of space in the squad, is rarely fit and when he is he just aint good enough.

Mahrez would go for me as well. He was supposedly making noises about leaving (though I think that may have been refuted) - but if he was get him out the door - we may even get a decent wedge for him (not what we paid for him but something decent however). I just dont think he fits in with the club, the players around him or has ever made any strong connection to the club or fans

Ferna is an interesting one...people were saying he cant play central mid anymore...I think this season he has proven that he still can....maybe not every 3 days but he certainly can play the role and as well as anyone else we have got at present. However, we cant kid ourselves that it's going to stay that way as age is no ones friend.

Sergio - same as Ferna - still by far the best striker at the club and possibly in the league BUT the injuries will take its toll. can we get another year out of him...should we? Huge question to ask and I think the club will leave that up to Sergio while being honest with him about how much he may or may not play and dependant upon who we can bring in and his fitness.Part of me hopes he comes back this season as good as ever but we have to start planning for life without and if Haaland wants to come would Sergio still being here put a spanner in the works with that (for him and the club financially?)

Then there is Zinchenko who has served us very very well, with little complaint about being constantly out of position...but if/when we do get a left back will play less and less. For his career he should potentially leave and I dont think anyone could begrudge him that but maybe Pep has other ideas.

Im guessing a few EDS lads could go (Braff being the obvious one) who we may get bits of money for as well

We also have the Messi factor! - Financially we have been told that the funds for Messi etc are seperate from any other part of our transfer strategy. However getting him in could very well have a positive affect on who else we are able to bring in (esp the likes of Haaland who might jump at the chance to play and train alongside the GOAT)

We are the one club who are probably set up so not to be affected as much by Covid as anyone else (though obviously it has had an effect financially). However will the club be conscious of seeming to spend too much after 18 months where Covid has decimated businesses all around the world financially. Image is important to our owners and will this also effect how we act in the transfer market?

Hopefully it does happen. My only concern is whether Dortmund will sell or not. They won't get much next season anyways so either they need to profit massively off Sancho. Funny thing is if United don't go for Sancho we are bound to get him considering Dortmund's finances as they need to sell one of the two now.

Loads of things. City's seeming openness about the fact they want him to replace Aguero. The fact that Dortmund are having a poor season. The fact that this summer I don't think Madrid or Barcelona can afford him. The fact that for Dortmund a sale this summer means banking probably 30-40 million pounds more than the following year, which in a COVID hit football market is a lot of money. The fact that there's a spot in the City team which he walks into without any competition. The fact that his dad used to play for us.

But really the biggest thing is the first thing. The way the club have operated in the past, they are always at pains to distance themselves from players who they aren't in for. And conversely they will generally acknowledge when they really want a player. The fact that we're in the part of the season when we like to start beginning to get our targets properly lined up, and we're now getting a raft of stories that he's our top target, suggests to me that we feel confident that we can land him.
Makes me suspicious, when the Catalans let the press know that they want a player it usually means they have another target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.