Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a BvB fan and they are not big supporters of outside investment, which of course indicts more than just City. German football is more pure and grassroots in their eyes. They consider us the anti-thesis to that.

Edit: this is also why many people in Germany do not like RB Leipzig or to less an extent Hoffenheim as their progression up the ranks was not "natural".
soon they ll be saying we only want aryan players .

I know a BvB fan and they are not big supporters of outside investment, which of course indicts more than just City. German football is more pure and grassroots in their eyes. They consider us the anti-thesis to that.

Edit: this is also why many people in Germany do not like RB Leipzig or to less an extent Hoffenheim as their progression up the ranks was not "natural".
Indeed. And this attitude is why Bayern will win the league every year from now till the end of time.

Not saying it will happen, and reading through this thread makes it seem like Dortmund are desperate for it not too, but Haaland to City just makes so much sense for all involved.

There's the obvious financial factor, amplified by covid, leaving only a few clubs that can genuinely afford him. But it's so much more than that, I think it's a bit disingenuous to suggest that's the only reason he'd come here even though at the end of the day money is almost always the deciding factor.

His dad played for us and has obvious ties to the club. The player himself was either a supporter as a kid, or at the very least has an affinity for us. We have a glaring need for a striker in his mold. Our style of play suits him quite well. We have the best manager in the world in Pep who is better suited than anyone to help him continue to improve, and a fantastic supporting infrastructure.

I could go on but logically and sentimentally Haaland to City just makes so much sense.

Only passing on a snippet I was given a couple of days ago. Take it as you will.

Other clubs will be (and have been) offered far more favourable payment terms than we have. They are desperate to sell him to anyone other than us, despite the financial implications.

Dortmund are bitter, bitter cunts when it comes to City.
Doubt this is true. Anyway Haaland will go where he wants not where Dortmund want, they have zero say, especially whe there is such a low buyout clause.

Interesting news from Tolmie & Billy, boy I hope we pull this off.
Very interesting, especially the "re-run" of the coverage Pep got when he announced he was not renewing at Bayern. The papers announced that the rags were the only English club he would come to (despite the certainty/knowledge in Germany and Spain that he was on his way to City) but the rags announced they had no interest in appointing him because he was going elsewhere. Then we got an avalanche of articles on the theme of it being "an act of cowardice" for "Guardiola" (give away sign that he was no longer "Pep"?) to go anywhere else than OT, unless it was London where the ever so loyal gooners were prepared to get rid of Wenger for Pep, though nothing like the sordid way City had stabbed Hughes in the back. Today there are three (pretty feeble) reasons for believing the rags "have the edge" over us and Chelsea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.