Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think expectation management is a very good thing in all walks of life ;)

And for the record I've been wrong so often about football related matters that I don't expect anyone to be running to the bookies based off my fag packet logic on these things!

Oh now you bloody tell us

Apparently haaland senior has been spotted at barca airport being picked up by loportas private chauffer.numerous outlets saying same.should we panick?
I wouldn't panic as it's probably the 1st of many meetings with other clubs as with what's coming out after the meeting barca have said they want to sign him.
Let's see how they cope with the money they need to find.
Also tabas said last week that barca and Madrid won't make big signings as they have zero money barca above all that have so much debt I can't see anything happening with them

The problem Barcelona have is so public. I won't repeat their wage bill issues other than to say that they simply cannot add Haaland without a significant knock on effect to both their incoming and outgoing player situation.

What they do have is a sales pitch: We're Barcelona, and we have a massive hole in the number 9 position. We're rebuilding the squad and have some of the best young players in Europe as part of the new project. We want Erling to be the face of it.

Under normal circumstances that would be a compelling pitch and I'd look at Barcelona as a serious contender. But as I say at the top, they can talk, but they can't physically do the deal. Dortmund will want a massive amount in one go. Where will Laporta find the liquidity to pay that sort of sum? Even if they were to miraculously get some kind of favourable loan terms, that loan would have to be used across all their business. He isn't about to spunk it on one deal because that is EXACTLY what Bartomeu did for years to create the mess they're in.

If I had to hazard a guess as to what's gone on/is going on it's this. Madrid aren't in for him. Raiola has no relationship with Perez or Zidane. He's been desperate to move Pogba there for years, and Perez just isn't interested. Some people say it's because Raiola also said this about Madrid when Ancelotti distanced himself from a move for Pogba:

'Madrid buy players the way some people buy bath towels and then throw aside. We are not interested in a club like that.'

Since then whilst Raiola has tried to dial that attitude back a little bit, he's gotten nowhere near getting Pogba the move he craves. Now he wants the world to believe that Madrid are at the table for Haaland. For my money it's unlikely that Perez will do that to Benzema. He loves that kid and he's repaid that faith in performances and goals. Yes he's old but a bit like Aguero needs to go for Haaland to come, Benzema would need to go for Haaland to arrive. And he isn't leaving this summer and is still banging goals in for them.

From Mino's point view he needs one of the two Spanish giants to look like credible rivals. Without that he basically has to convince City that Haaland would move to Chelsea for the right money, and I don't think City would buy that.

While it makes sense for Haaland’s advisers to to go to Barca, Real, Chelsea, PSG or wherever to build up an auction in terms of wages etc. I can’t see Haaland at Barca. Mainly because even if they manage to squeeze together the funds to get a workable package for Haaland and Dortmund they still need to spend elsewhere to get competitive with Real. They have a few other holes in the squad that need fixing. Similar with united, they need a forward they also need to spend on other positions. Buying Haaland empties the coffers.

For me that’s why Haaland to Barca or United don’t make sense. Having said that many things in football don’t make much financial sense but happen anyway. Still think, based on nothing more than blue tinted optimism, we’re in the box seat for Haaland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.