Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you trying to prove here ? This is totally unrelated to what he said

He’s a nutter mate, he steams in on peoples opinions, getting all stroppy as if he’s some kind of expert, but he’s a laughable dink.
Put him on ignore like most others and you’ll be glad about it.

He’s a nutter mate, he steams in on peoples opinions, getting all stroppy as if he’s some kind of expert, but he’s a laughable dink.
Put him on ignore like most others and you’ll be glad about it.
I'm considering doing that myself purely because he keeps putting 'hehe' in his posts. Makes him sound like a 12 year old girl.

What are you trying to prove here ? This is totally unrelated to what he said

Yeah but what he said was unrelated to what he said before that and what someone initially said.

In fairness, all else aside, it is a valid point. We are comparing prime Lewandowski in a top bayern team with a 20 year old Haaland in his first full season at Dortmund. Pointless comparison from the start.

yep

both parties are in need of each other this summer. simple manchester city have the money haaland has the goals
a deal can be done if last summer city had a deal for messi on the table. give haaland a wage that a world class young player demands and have a goal bonus that written in the deal

if haaland comes to city it will be on a ten year deal and the wage will be based on targets and age. so lets say he gets to the age of 24 its goes up than again ever years after that

but we are talking about a super star everybody will want a slice of the pie. sponsors tv image rights shirt sales
puma and city could right or print their own money. this is why manchester city have to sign haaland if we are going to the next level and want people to take notice

THE NORWEGIAN BLUE will be talk of the football world
Whilst I am not disagreeing with much of what you say, I cannot see him signing a 10 year deal with us. I think the longest contract ever signed was Messi signing for 9 years. There may be others, I am not sure.

But either way, the lad may want to come to City - I certainly hope he does - but we have to be realistic and understand that we are not the darling club that everyone wants to play for forever. We have the bluest of blue tinted specs on. Players are always interested in playing for Real or Barca or Bayern, or (dare I say it) United. I cannot see a 20 year old agreeing to tie his entire prime footballing years to us, straight off. I think it will be a 5 year deal, if we get him.

Whilst I am not disagreeing with much of what you say, I cannot see him signing a 10 year deal with us. I think the longest contract ever signed was Messi signing for 9 years. There may be others, I am not sure.

But either way, the lad may want to come to City - I certainly hope he does - but we have to be realistic and understand that we are not the darling club that everyone wants to play for forever. We have the bluest of blue tinted specs on. Players are always interested in playing for Real or Barca or Bayern, or (dare I say it) United. I cannot see a 20 year old agreeing to tie his entire prime footballing years to us, straight off. I think it will be a 5 year deal, if we get him.

Please correct me if I’m wide of the mark but iirc the longest player contract allowed under the current system is 6 years but you can renew as often as you like though not for longer than 6 years at any juncture.
I’ve never heard of a 10 year player contract in Europe.
Not saying they haven’t ever happened or don’t happen elsewhere but not to my recollection.

I think when people say 'for the next ten years', it is on the assumption that he Could stay 10 years through various extensions like Aguero did, and play at peak level over that period. Rather than sign for 10 years.

In reality, a PL contract can only be signed for 5 years, and even if it were longer, doubt either party would really want to. A player as say is committing the best part of his career, cutting down options of pay rises thatbcome with extension agreements, and a club comitting wages and limiting resale value. Moot point wither way as it is purely a hypothetical benefit of his current age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.