Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he will go to a rival,one that isn't bothered about destroying their wage structure.
I don't see City doing it,to be honest.
I'd take him in a heartbeat,but don't see our hierarchy thinking the same...just opinion.

At some point you have to push the boat out if you don’t want to get left behind while your rivals sail off into the sunset.

Over the last few years we’ve lost Yaya, David Silva and Aguero and every signing since then has been a downgrade in those positions, even the very good signings. There’s only so long you can miss out on the very best until it causes you to fall behind. I think with our lack of a striker we’re starting to find that already this season.

Given our turnover and income and recent sustained success I don’t understand why we’re so reticent to spend what it takes to keep the rags and Chelsea below us. Sometimes it feels like we’re deliberately giving them a chance. Personally I find that incredibly frustrating.

Think it’s a bit unfair to say he will go to the highest bidder.

I think Mino is going to get him the best deal he can at a number of clubs, no doubt pushing and playing one of against another.

Ultimately, then Haaland will decide.

Our offer will be a very good offer, we will be fully aware how good he is and the obvious hole in the team.
This isn’t the issue and discounts why city won’t be in the running....

This is a commodity that mino wants to exploit, that means the ability to move him after a time period, which is why we won’t commit to the numbers. Sure we would pay the asking price but we’d be looking at 6 year contracts, something mino won’t entertain as the cash cow is then restricted!

Maybe his destination depends upon Mbappe. If he does get his wish and go to Real, I cannot see them being able to fit Haaland in as well, a lot of the other what were classed as major clubs will be out of the frame, Italy and Barca are skint, I really can't see the German rags going for him with Lewa still firing, and if the rags don't win anything this year, would he really want to go there?

He is an ideal fit for us, plays in a position that we are desperate for, I really hope that we can get this done.

At some point you have to push the boat out if you don’t want to get left behind while your rivals sail off into the sunset.

Over the last few years we’ve lost Yaya, David Silva and Aguero and every signing since then has been a downgrade in those positions, even the very good signings. There’s only so long you can miss out on the very best until it causes you to fall behind. I think with our lack of a striker we’re starting to find that already this season.

Given our turnover and income and recent sustained success I don’t understand why we’re so reticent to spend what it takes to keep the rags and Chelsea below us. Sometimes it feels like we’re deliberately giving them a chance. Personally I find that incredibly frustrating.
Once you bust your wage structure, there’s no going back and that business model City have adopted for years is broke. All it takes is a few bad deals and a string of players on huge wages and it gets messy.

Once you bust your wage structure, there’s no going back and that business model City have adopted for years is broke. All it takes is a few bad deals and a string of players on huge wages and it gets messy.
The problem is players and agents are changing strategies.

Happy to see out there deals at a club, then moving on a free for huge wages and signing on fees.

Pogba, Mbappe, Donnarumma and it loos like Sterling is going to do the same.

So we either have to change to suit or there is a possibility we get left behind in securing the best players.

Collectively the rags and Chelsea have finished above us once in the last five seasons...

That’s in the past. We can‘t stand still while they strengthen.
We have spent enough to keep them below us. That's the point! As the last five years has illustrated!

We don't have a divine right to be number one and win everything either, and to claim that we're so reticent to spend when the club just spent a heap on Grealish and greenlit an outlay of the same quantum on Kane to me smacks of a severe sense of entitlement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.