Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah for sure but I feel like this transfer coupled with another name or messi signifies the fact we’ve moved up that level

The problems signing Haaland would be greater than you can imagine.
Winning every week , accumulating trophies galore, City would become hated by all the other clubs, all the other owners, presidents, leagues ,EUFA, newspapers, Sky, politicians would get involved.
Posters would find it harder to find negatives to moan about, pep would have fewer blindspots, queues would be longer, beer more expensive, Wembley more boring.
Careful what you wish for)

“Raiola and Haaland's father were also planning to see Madrid today!”

See this one concerns me due to the sheer attraction to Madrid and how giant that club is. We don't know their financial situation though, However, I think they like Mbappe more, and if he doesn't renew his contract, I think they will go for him over Haaland.

Presumably all this is going on with BDs permission which makes their statemen that he is not leaving this Summer appear weird.

I think I’m lost

Presumably all this is going on with BDs permission which makes their statemen that he is not leaving this Summer appear weird.

I think I’m lost

Dortmund are the biggest bullshitters in football when it comes to selling players. Lots of clubs do it to an extent but Dortmund are the type of club who can release a statement saying "there is no chance Haaland is leaving this summer" on a Monday and sell him on Thursday. That statement they put out is worth no more than a bloke in the corner of the pub saying we're definitely signing Isco.

I’m not sure what youre asking - I assume it has to do with my treatment of Barca as a tertiary player in this saga.

From my perspective, Barca (and to a much lesser extent Madrid even) are not in a strong enough economic position to be taken seriously. In order for them to be viable they would need to be looking to sell a lot of their higher cost players. On the face of it, Barca seem to have multiple instances of Gareth Bale at Madrid in Greizmann, Dembele, Umtiti and Coutinho. Additionally, they have the wages of all the other legacy players to deal with in Alba, Busquets and Pique. They are in need of a massive restructuring.

How are they credibly going to sign a player that said the project is more important than the money when the entire squad makeup is 1) unsustainable financially 2) uncertain and 3) linked to Agüero?

Dortmund are the biggest bullshitters in football when it comes to selling players. Lots of clubs do it to an extent but Dortmund are the type of club who can release a statement saying "there is no chance Haaland is leaving this summer" on a Monday and sell him on Thursday. That statement they put out is worth no more than a bloke in the corner of the pub saying we're definitely signing Isco.

We’re signing Isco you say ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.