Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
The costs look horrific , it is going to take any club a huge investment with fee, contract and extras to obtain Haaaland.
Such a high costs, he would have to be a guaranteed huge success to justify it.

I think the issue isn't the cost alone, it's what the knock effect is in your own squad in terms of salaries. Even if Haaland is wanting 350k a week (I suspect they want more) that makes him our top earner outside KDB. We won't do that IMO.

I think the issue isn't the cost alone, it's what the knock effect is in your own squad in terms of salaries. Even if Haaland is wanting 350k a week (I suspect they want more) that makes him our top earner outside KDB. We won't do that IMO.
Exactly, Haaland is a very exciting talent, yet at this stage has achieved little apart from making headlines.

We have multiple title winners in the dressing room, whom would be rightly pissed at seeing a young kid, however good matching or even getting a better contract than themselves.

Probably true..to add, I would guess (not know) that Halaand or/and his advisors would not particularly want bonus orientated wages (which I believe we use?) over more flat rate. I think all contracts for players who haven't played and shown worth in PL should be this way,if your're as good as you think you are you'll get it through the bonus ....get paid for what you do, not paid for what you did in lesser league, then get what you have proved your worth in renewed/improved contract.
Kane has done his proving....why we will more likely be happier paying him high wages.

Exactly, Haaland is a very exciting talent, yet at this stage has achieved little apart from making headlines.

We have multiple title winners in the dressing room, whom would be rightly pissed at seeing a young kid, however good matching or even getting a better contract than themselves.

If that were true, possibly, yes.

What do you think harry's wages will be? dam well around over 300k.

It isn't that nonsensical then, that a better, younger striker with more potential, better physical attributes, and a similar high fee to get, would merit similar wages.

Not that I think he would be or would insist on being the top earner btw.

Probably true..to add, I would guess (not know) that Halaand or/and his advisors would not particularly want bonus orientated wages (which I believe we use?) over more flat rate. I think all contracts for players who haven't played and shown worth in PL should be this way,if your're as good as you think you are you'll get it through the bonus ....get paid for what you do, not paid for what you did in lesser league, then get what you have proved your worth in renewed/improved contract.
Kane has done his proving....why we will more likely be happier paying him high wages.

Kane will be a senior figure in the dressing room if he signs and yes, he'll get a contract similar to KDB. But he's 27. It's expected. Absolutely no chance we'd give a contract like that to a 19/20 year old.

If that were true, possibly, yes.

What do you think harry's wages will be? dam well around over 300k.

It isn't that nonsensical then, that a better, younger striker with more potential, better physical attributes, and a similar high fee to get, would merit similar wages.

Not that I think he would be or would insist on being the top earner btw.
Harry Kane is a proven player in the highest quality league in the world.

He is a proven performer at International level.

Kane could probably earn more at Spurs if he wanted, Levy may pay him whatever to stay, but he wants titles.

Haaland as yet has done neither, he looks a hell of a player, I would prefer him to Kane but asking for 350k week plus at this stage of his career is simply too much.

Harry Kane is a proven player in the highest quality league in the world.

He is a proven performer at International level.

Kane could probably earn more at Spurs if he wanted, Levy may pay him whatever to stay, but he wants titles.

Haaland as yet has done neither, he looks a hell of a player, I would prefer him to Kane but asking for 350k week plus at this stage of his career is simply too much.

As i said IF that is what he is asking, I agree. But i also maintain that is too much for Kane to ask.

Where i disagree is that what they should get has to be drastically different. Relative to their signing on fee, goals, age, potential, longevity, they are there or thereabouts in wages for me. neither at 350k for me.

As i said IF that is what he is asking, I agree. But i also maintain that is too much for Kane to ask.

Where i disagree is that what they should get has to be drastically different. Relative to their signing on fee, goals, age, potential, longevity, they are there or thereabouts in wages for me. neither at 350k for me.
If they perform they are rewarded and handsomely, that's how are clubs contract are written as far as I am aware and how it should be.

Not sure Raiola would accept that but I am sure Kane would, he is not moving to us for money, he could get a move over to the trafford red socks for considerably more wages but little or no chance of titles.

It seems a lot of posters are worried about (a) the cost of us buying Haaland and (b) scared of Haaland going to a rival (Chelsea). Surely if he's too expensive for us and wreck our wage structure, surely he'd do the same at Chelsea. I'm confused as to what is best? Should we sign him and knacker ourselves or let him go to a rival and fuck them up?

The club must also take into account the conduct and approach of the player's management / agent / entourage and factor that in surely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.