Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought haaland to city was an absolute shoe in to be honest.
You would he getting a beast of a player for at least a decade.
Maybe I'm missing something but it looks like we're not interested at least for now and spending 100m on Kane instead who maybe we will get 4 to 5 years at best if his dodgy ankles hold up.
For me this was a golden chance to assert our authority and boss the league for a few years to come with a player of Haalands nature.
You are missing something. He clearly knows where he wants to go and it doesn’t involve City or Chelsea. I refuse to believe neither of us were at the table, so he’s definitely made it clear what he’s looking for.

Kane and Grealish signing definitely asserts our authority in the league. Takes two of the best players in the league and puts them in a team that comfortably won the title last year.

You are missing something. He clearly knows where he wants to go and it doesn’t involve City or Chelsea. I refuse to believe neither of us were at the table, so he’s definitely made it clear what he’s looking for.

Kane and Grealish signing definitely asserts our authority in the league. Takes two of the best players in the league and puts them in a team that comfortably won the title last year.
I think it's more of that he was non-commitale,

Think that may be why Chelsea didn't sign him either, He will learn this summer.

He's off to Bayern next year imo

I think it's more of that he was non-commitale,

Think that may be why Chelsea didn't sign him either, He will learn this summer.

He's off to Bayern next year imo
Yes I suspect Bayern too

Haaland, another one who needs more time. It's hard to judge him right now, he's had one good season in the Bundesliga. His agent and his entourage have created this image with one intention, money.

He's young, obviously talented. But he has the wrong people around him.

Haaland, another one who needs more time. It's hard to judge him right now, he's had one good season in the Bundesliga. His agent and his entourage have created this image with one intention, money.

He's young, obviously talented. But he has the wrong people around him.
Yes, a terrible idea having your dad running your career for you... probably won’t have his best interests in mind, right?

Yes, a terrible idea having your dad running your career for you... probably won’t have his best interests in mind, right?
Lots of examples where having a parent running a career isn't the best idea. Think getting Raiola involved is a bad move to start with.

Lots of examples where having a parent running a career isn't the best idea. Think getting Raiola involved is a bad move to start with.
I have already said many times on this thread that Raiola isn’t different from the vast majority of agents. He operates behind the scenes like most of them except when his big mouth gets the best of him in public. And he is a very good agent to the players. But I accept that you can’t fight it when people already have notions about him engraved on their heads. He will forever be perceived as the worst of them all despite the evidence.
And sure, a father can bring a problem to a player’s career... just like anyone could. You take Messi and Neymar and their dads have been great to their careers.
Not signing a player because of an agent is stupid, period. And we’re not that. We had a Raiola player on Saturday on the bench.

I have already said many times on this thread that Raiola isn’t different from the vast majority of agents. He operates behind the scenes like most of them except when his big mouth gets the best of him in public. And he is a very good agent to the players. But I accept that you can’t fight it when people already have notions about him engraved on their heads. He will forever be perceived as the worst of them all despite the evidence.
And sure, a father can bring a problem to a player’s career... just like anyone could. You take Messi and Neymar and their dads have been great to their careers.
Not signing a player because of an agent is stupid, period. And we’re not that. We had a Raiola player on Saturday on the bench.
Think the reason he isn't signing for anyone this summer isn't because of who his agent is it is because of various demands made by his dad and Raiola, those same demands will limit his choices next summer too. Observations pointed out when you were adamant at the start of the summer there was no way he'd still be at Dortmund next season.

Raiola will get him the best moves and the most money. Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me!

Three to five years with Bayern, then (assuming he maintains/improves on current standards) a stellar move to Real Madrid to see out his career.

That's the most obvious path imo. Clubs with huge, long-standing, worldwide profiles. It's how any good agent would market a top talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.