Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 goals in 24 games, so virtually the same in terms of goals and games.

Didn’t know that, that’s quality! Would been great to get him last summer but feel the club moved on from him Haaland is the big rumour this summer some think it’s in the bag, personally be happy with either but rather have Haaland just to show as a club we can get a superstar that all the big clubs want.

However good Kane is (or isn’t), he is about to turn 29. He’s entering the danger zone, where we’ve seen players experience rapid decline. Paying astronomical sums to Spurs in addition to very high wages makes for a very poor investment when all things are considered. Even if Haaland doesn’t work out (and I see no reason why he wouldn’t), we should be able to recoup our initial investment. He also has broad international appeal, which makes him a lucrative asset from a marketing perspective.

Think someone like Kane will play at the top level for at least another 4/5 years.

funny how it works really isn’t it?

Haaland has not done anything Kane didn’t do already.

I’m I wonder how much of it is to do with Haaland being available and therefore more interesting to fans of all top clubs, and how much is to do with Mino and marketing.

I can see why Haaland has this call it global appeal and Kane doesn't. He has already broken quite a few records, and the numbers he has been hitting are extraordinary. At such a young age.

Kane has had two really good seasons some 5 years ago that can possibly compare, in the league, with little to show in Europe. Nothing he has done in the last 5 years comes close to what Haaland did just last season, so there is a bit of 'current' interest in that. And for all his goals in the league, and there are plenty, Kane has regularly been outscored by the likes of Salah, Aubameyang, Vardy, even Sterling.

With Haaland it is his ceiling and potential that is drawing the interest, as much as his numbers. With Kane, the numbers are there, but they have crept up rather than 'burst on the scene' which is often said about Haaland.

There is also the appeal angle. Most clubs would jump at the chance to sign Haaland. That doesn't seem to be the case with Kane, particularly outside of England.

I do think a few are right in saying, the impact of the perception of signing Haaland would be far more dramatic than signing Kane, putting aside what the impact on the pitch might be (which I think Haaland would top too).

We should be trying to sign Harry Kane's sons if he has any. The daddy is too old.

Think someone like Kane will play at the top level for at least another 4/5 years.
It’s possible, but it’s a huge risk to take. He wouldn’t be the first player to fall off a cliff at 30 and he doesn’t look to be in the best physical shape to me.

If we could get him for £50-60m then that would alleviate some of the risk, but I see no chance of that happening.

Haaland is a global superstar with a following to match.

Kane is a top Premier League player with nobody outside of Seven Sisters caring much.

The thing is multi-faceted for City when Haaland joins us.

Bums on seats from wider afield, social media recognition across all platforms, a proven Champions League record.

Haaland and Kane is like comparing a Ferrari with a Range Rover.

Both have their enthusiasts but one is a prestige supercar, capable of incredible things, and the other is a decent off roader who can occasionally bomb a bit in the fast lane, but breaks down more than it should for the price.

Pics of these sisters mate?

funny how it works really isn’t it?

Haaland has not done anything Kane didn’t do already.

I’m I wonder how much of it is to do with Haaland being available and therefore more interesting to fans of all top clubs, and how much is to do with Mino and marketing.
Haaland offers physicality and pace in many more ways than Kane. Mino has not scored the goals for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.