Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

I arrived at that turnstile at 7.20pm and it took me 15 minutes to get in. Huge queue. That's what happens when you close parts of the ground so you get a lot of people in small areas. I am not sure what you can do if you physically pat down every person who goes into the ground. There's a limit to how many queues you can have. They were going as fast as they can.

The balance between risk and cost seems wrong but these are things we have to put up with.
What difference does it make if parts are closed? Still the same amount of fans going in the opened bit as there would on a usual game ?

i think as fans we are treated pretty shabbily by the club.
an after thought.

Good atmosphere last night for a 3rd round EFL game against a Lg1 side. As many people joining in with songs near me as there were for any other game this season.

Wycombe were a proper set of fans n’all! Brought more for a Tuesday night game than Norwich and Southampton did for Saturday 15:00 games, and more than the likes of Wigan and Blackburn did for years when they were up in the Prem. They almost filled the away stand. And they sang all game.
Well impressed!

Not sure about the “you shit bastard aaaaaahhhh” thing at goal kicks like we’re a set of fans from the fourth division in 1988. Need to stop that shit!

And the less said about the phone lights the better.

But an enjoyable night really.
Hugely enjoyable night. Hoping for a similar draw tonight. I think we might hear a few more Pep was right chants.

What difference does it make if parts are closed? Still the same amount of fans going in the opened bit as there would on a usual game ?

i think as fans we are treated pretty shabbily by the club.
an after thought.
Because you get number density on an evening kick off when people aren't expecting it. I went last minute thinking I'd get there really quick and I did but everyone else had the same idea. There were huge queues at K as a result. I don't think the club could do much more. The queues were organised and they were scanning people as fast as they could. Unless you find another way of scanning people, what do you do? Not do the checks? I am not sure they are that effective but no one is going to make the call not to do them.

Loved the small crowd easy to get in easy to get out at final whistle easy to get out of car park home in Warrington by 10.15 those that turned up made enough noise really enjoyed the game, its the future

They really have to get a grip with the turnstiles now. Got to entrance K 10 minutes before kick off, and missed more than 15 minutes of the game.

Twenty five fucking minutes queuing up outside just to get in. It's a fucking joke at this point.

And before anyone asks, I couldn't get to the ground any earlier due to work. Either way it should never take 25 minutes to queue and get into the fucking ground, ever.

Absolute shambles and it's boiling my piss at this point tbh. Some proper clowns in charge of ticketing and the matchday at this club.
My mobile tickets are taking a minute each on average to work so that’s 3 mins for 3 tickets. Last night they wouldn’t work at all so the steward had to get another steward. If this is happening for lots of people no wonder there were queues. People with paper tickets were getting in with no problems

I arrived at that turnstile at 7.20pm and it took me 15 minutes to get in. Huge queue. That's what happens when you close parts of the ground so you get a lot of people in small areas. I am not sure what you can do if you physically pat down every person who goes into the ground. There's a limit to how many queues you can have. They were going as fast as they can.

The balance between risk and cost seems wrong but these are things we have to put up with.
I was in the queue at K as well last night, which is normally one of the better entrances for getting in quickly. Usually it's straight in after getting through security but it took ages last night. I took a video of the queue and am going to send it to our COO to show him what it was like.

I've noticed that the scanners take longer to respond than they used to with the old seasoncards. Used to be pretty well instant but now it's at least 2 or 3 seconds before you get a green light. That all adds up.

And don't get me started on Metrolink. At one point last night on my journey to the game I was seriously considering jacking it in and just going home. I'll post more on that later.

I've noticed that the scanners take longer to respond than they used to with the old seasoncards. Used to be pretty well instant but now it's at least 2 or 3 seconds before you get a green light. That all adds up.
I've noticed this. First time I did not open the app and it took 3-4 seconds to register. Second time I opened the app to the ticket and the same. It's not the phone it's the scanners as using it to pay for stuff is instant.

I was in the queue at K as well last night, which is normally one of the better entrances for getting in quickly. Usually it's straight in after getting through security but it took ages last night. I took a video of the queue and am going to send it to our COO to show him what it was like.

And don't get me started on Metrolink. At one point last night on my journey to the game I was seriously considering jacking it in and just going home. I'll post more on that later.
it takes my phone a few seconds too. Just when I think there is something up it goes green. I think the bottleneck though are the personal checks. There are two queues. One to get past the security queues and a second mine one to get through the turnstile. The security q was much bigger than the turnstile queue. Stagecoach seem to have reduced the number of football specials to the game from town. I just got the usual stopping service and it was fine last night because traffic was lighter than usual.

The trick is to open your season ticket, click barcode, turn your mobile around so the words are at the bottom of your screen, put your mobile in the scanner, and hold it right to the top of the scanner. Works. A steward showed me yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.