Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Expand fuck me we can't fill it now why would we stick another 6000 seats in, show me the waiting list

Untill we shift the away fans to the top section in L3 then its going to be a struggle

Away games our fans are class you can here from start to finish at home more this year its been 10 mins here 10 mins there not great imo

I know it's a smaller & compact ground but Pallace put us to shame

I also believe our over kill of passing some games kills the atmosphere

Look at these smaller clubs Malmo, Genk tonight it's loud as fuck

Let's face it foreign teams are far better at the singing

No suprise Pep has passed comment at least 3 times this season again last night

I'm in the family stand & it's poor but I guess that's where 2021 football is with us far to many day trippers soaking up the tickets & none City fans

City can’t do that.

PL state x amount of away fans must be near the pitch. Atmosphere.

United and Newcastle are exempt for some reason.

I think we should make the back of level 3 South Stand into a safe standing area - say the back 15 rows. This would easily sell out and will create a proper noise once they start singing.

that’s actually a brilliant idea. It’s something that we could do instantly and it could make a huge difference

I was sat in the family stand yesterday, atmosphere was aweful, no one singing, people looking at you every time you shouted.

someone even told a bloke off for standing up when a chance was created as she couldn’t see.

god I miss Maine road, I miss the dirty gritty working mans ground we had, pissed up blokes swearing in front of kids and everyone singing. It was great. And great as a kid too! As that’s what football is about. Pure emotion

what’s changed ?
I think the prices, the younger generation can no longer afford to go to these games while working part time jobs/uni. They end up supporting a lower league club as it’s about £10 a game there plus beer is also reasonably priced.

I was sat in the family stand yesterday, atmosphere was aweful, no one singing, people looking at you every time you shouted.

someone even told a bloke off for standing up when a chance was created as she couldn’t see.

god I miss Maine road, I miss the dirty gritty working mans ground we had, pissed up blokes swearing in front of kids and everyone singing. It was great. And great as a kid too! As that’s what football is about. Pure emotion

what’s changed ?
I think the prices, the younger generation can no longer afford to go to these games while working part time jobs/uni. They end up supporting a lower league club as it’s about £10 a game there plus beer is also reasonably priced.
A tenner for lower league? Which club would that be then?!

Tickets were a decent price last night I thought.

A tenner for lower league? Which club would that be then?!

Tickets were a decent price last night I thought.
i got the lift up to ss3 last night
got speaking to " students " ,one a laughing villa fan who told me his
student ticket was £12
mine was cheap being on the cup scheme but he still got in
£3 less than me

student ticket was £12
£3 less than me
Yep - whereas my local team, the mighty Chester FC charge £14 - and they are vanarama level!

student ticket was £12
£3 less than me

only chance Villa fans of got of watching a CL game, tell him to come back against PSG when the tickets start at £60 a pop

The younger generation can no longer afford to go to these games while working part time jobs/uni. They end up supporting a lower league club as it’s about £10 a game there plus beer is also reasonably priced.
Virtually every football club from The Championship down is fucked and clinging on for dear life, in part because Premier League teams have slowly swallowed their fan base. I went to a League One game in the international break at tickets were £26 with an obstructed view and I've paid £18 for a bloody Stockport County ticket this season. I paid £10 for a Buxton game, but I promise you the ground wasn't swarming with youngsters and the beer was still shite and cost a fiver.

What are they doing to make it as bad as possible? They allowed and assisted 1894 in a display, they choregraphed a light show with music before the match, some people may not be a fan of it but it creates a reaction immediately after it, some may say they want that time to sing whatever they want, well city have done that before plenty of times and the crowd have done fuck all and we've kicked off in silence, there's also 90 entire minutes afterwards to sing whatever they want a few minutes beforehand doesn't impact anybody negatively in that regard. There's a lot of blaming the club for atmosphere issues and in the past there's been some problems but all I see from city is them doing everything they can to help. The fans simply aren't interested and look to blame anybody but themselves. There's only one reason why the atmosphere isn't what it should be, the fans.
They missed an open goal when they opened the upper tier of the south stand. That should have been designated The New Kippax. It’s next to the away fans, it’s big, it’s got good acoustics and nobody needed to be kicked out of their seats.

I know they’ve tried to help but they don’t understand football crowd dynamics so they are putting sticking plasters in a gaping wound. The gaping wound is that if you designed a ground to have the worst atmosphere possible it would be pretty much like ours is. A singing section which only accommodates about 800 and is on the bottom tier with no roof and songs can travel only one way from, straight into the expensive seats. Another singing section which holds a couple of thousand but songs can only travel up through a corporate area or to the side to the old people’s stand. At the bottom of the stadium with no sound reflective roof. An away end which when it’s noisy stops the two small singing sections from hearing each other.

Our ground has tiers which don’t help for the same reason: the tier above can’t hear the one below. Our ground is like Wembley: it’s a big cavernous bowl. For it to fill with sound songs have to start at the back and fill the stadium with noise. We don’t have vocal fans at the back, they are at the front.

tickets are expensive and hard to buy for casual fans. There are big queues to get in the stadium, particularly at the “atmosphere”’end so it doesn’t fill up for 20 minutes. I could go on.

you notice how many games the atmosphere starts well and falls flat. If two ends are singing seperate songs at once then nothing spreads around the ground and the rest of the ground give up. I’m not blaming the club per se: they’ve been dealt a bad hand, not least by the original club admin from 2003 who overlooked this issue. But they’ve missed the chance to put it right 5 years ago. 6000 vociferous fans with 1894 on the middle of it in the top tier next to the away fans would have given the stadium a voice, a lead, an identity, a Kippax. Big game atmospheres will look after themselves because everyone is pumped up and following each other’s lead. But smaller games are miles quieter than they could be because of the two hemmed in, roofless singing sections doing their own thing.

You don’t see this unless you sit a long way away.

I think the types of songs are also the problem. The whole ground is not going to join into songs about empty seats or random songs about former players. The one time that everyone joined in was when the singing section sang Blue Moon in response to YNWA.
1894 need a rethink and tailor the songs to home and away matches. I think Psychedelic Casual made the point a few weeks ago that the singing sections at home act as if they are in an away section when really their job is to get the whole ground to join in. They need to sing more classics that will travel around the stadium.
1894 don't dictate the songs that get sang though. We can try and start songs off, but there are plenty of loud lads in 115 who just start their own songs and because they're loud, people join in.

If you look at 1894's Instagram page, we've tried to get some songs that will spread better going - but it's not as easy as just starting off a new song and everyone joining in, unfortunately.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.