Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Still giving allowances for the excuses of Covid, deferrals, extortionate ticket prices, the club not understanding our fanbase, opposing teams not coming to play so games are boring, it being just before Christmas, it raining a bit, it being a bit cold… I was still gob smacked at that yesterday! That was like a City game under Stuart Pearce, swathes of empty seats and hardly any noise from our fans whatsoever.

It feels like someone has pulled the plug on our support, lost the plug, and there’s no batteries to use instead.

I'm 64 and my wife is 69, we both got our booster jabs last Wednesday but the effect won't fully kick in for two weeks, until that time our covid immunity is compromised. We both suffered adverse effects to the jabs, so god only knows what the real thing would do.

My wife and I, and many others by the look of it, made the calculation that mingling with thousands of fans was too big a risk, my older brother came to the same conclusion and my younger brother, who got covid after his booster jab and is just out of isolation, did likewise.

I don't feel safe at the Etihad and neither does my wife. Social distancing is impossible as anyone trying to get to the bogs for a half time piss can attest.

And after the match the Summerbee Bar is a joke! The club should be ashamed of itself.

We've always had some empty seats at the Etihad, but yesterday was a sea change, the balance of risk has tipped, and a noticeable chunk of our older fan base came to the conclusion that the risk wasn't worth it.

Last edited:
Yeah that is what I meant mate. The club can certainly do a hell of a lot more (a hell of a lot!), but by fuck we need fucking plugging in again as a set of fans. The apathy to create an atmosphere is painful to be part of!

I too can’t understand people saying games are boring. It’s the best football that’s ever been seen in this country. And I’ll never understand how anyone can get up and walk out in tight games that are level or just one goal in it. Games like Southampton and yesterday, I was on the edge of my seat all game, how can people be bored or leave in that situation? We’re going for a title for fuck’s sake, it’s not like we’re mid-table in the Championship under no threat of relegation or no chance promotion so it doesn’t matter. Every single point and goal matters, and the strive to want the team to get it seems to have disappeared with too many just sitting there waiting for it to happen then just moaning if it ever doesn’t.

And people moaning about a 12:30 when it’s only 150 minutes before a 15:00 and we get the whole of the rest of the day in the pub after the game. 12:30s on Saturdays are belting!
100 percent right here. Best football in the world ever. Stop whining and come and support the champions and get behind this wonderful team. Atmosphere was dead yesterday. They needed our support and vocally too. It was sadly lacking.

It’s ‘Miss’ Piggy, not ‘Mrs’.

She didn’t ever actually marry Kermit (it’s only his fingers that smell of pork, nothing else), though the TV show did allude to a marriage and many folk are confused by that.

Well we were chanting mrs piggy cos her other half was there …. She had pink hair and was very angry

Yeah that is what I meant mate. The club can certainly do a hell of a lot more (a hell of a lot!), but by fuck we need fucking plugging in again as a set of fans. The apathy to create an atmosphere is painful to be part of!

I too can’t understand people saying games are boring. It’s the best football that’s ever been seen in this country. And I’ll never understand how anyone can get up and walk out in tight games that are level or just one goal in it. Games like Southampton and yesterday, I was on the edge of my seat all game, how can people be bored or leave in that situation? We’re going for a title for fuck’s sake, it’s not like we’re mid-table in the Championship under no threat of relegation or no chance promotion so it doesn’t matter. Every single point and goal matters, and the strive to want the team to get it seems to have disappeared with too many just sitting there waiting for it to happen then just moaning if it ever doesn’t.

And people moaning about a 12:30 when it’s only 150 minutes before a 15:00 and we get the whole of the rest of the day in the pub after the game. 12:30s on Saturdays are belting!
Can we have a “superb” button for this.

Aways aren’t consistently great and over the years some aways have had dire support or atmosphere. But generally it’s loads of core support crammed together unlike at home where we are all spread around in fucking seats …. The two boisterous areas have good and bad days …. Usually dependent on opposition fan types , style of game , rivals importance to us (wolves are nobody’s to us unlike in the 70’s when they had a bad reputation) the weather , kick off time and now Covid ….. ticket prices have been a problem for donkeys years and most just fork out with no choice as it’s an addiction .

Just my two bobs worth ….

In 109 yesterday it was ok but nothing like it can be …. See above for why

1. Scrap the £35 membership fee
2. Cap home tickets @ £30 for adults, £10 for children.
3. Cap @ £20 across all non-corp areas of the SS, £5 for kids to generate a ‘singing stand’
4. Incentivise ST holders who attend all 19 games to receive discounts on food & drink the following season for selected games.
5. Look at moving away fans to another area

Would suggest that would be problem sorted, never be done though, despite match day ticket sales making a fraction of the clubs operating income.
i can never understand citys ticket pricing policy.
I keep hearing that ticket revenue is only a a very small part of our income....so why over price everything?
allthough to be fair it seems a lot of season card holders arnt showing for these lower key games

It’s ‘Miss’ Piggy, not ‘Mrs’.

She didn’t ever actually marry Kermit (it’s only his fingers that smell of pork, nothing else), though the TV show did allude to a marriage and many folk are confused by that.
Good stuff just when it's heating up, a fan pops in to lighten the mood with a cracker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.