Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Yesterday was always going to be dire IMO. Wolves are a horrendous side to watch, they're completely and utterly anti football.

Add to that a half 12 kickoff and a flat performance.

I imagine Leeds will be much better midweek.

When there’s 1000’s of empty seats it’s obviously going to sap any energy the crowd might have.

There genuinely needs to be something done about pricing of matchday tickets.

12:30 Sat games and midweek games that aren’t cat A should be capped at £25.

Get the thing packed out every week create demand that way.
I agree about the pricing to a large degree but those empty seats, or at least the majority, will have been sold. It's mainly people who have tickets and don't turn up. If anyone has any ideas about how we solve that problem then me & the club will be glad to hear them.

My two proposals would be:

1. Pay a smaller upfront fee to reserve a seat but then pay on a match-by-match basis. If you don't pay for your seat say 2 weeks before the game, it goes on open sale

2. Rather than give an up-front discount for season cards, charge full price but give rebates depending on how many games you actually attend (or the seat is used).

i bought mine at the start of the season, if you go to about 7 games you have your money back, and if you go to another 3 -4 games you get 20 back well in price of tickets
Good for you.

For those who want to go to one game, the cost is prohibitive.

You’re making out like you’re getting good value for your £35, but it used to cost you fuck all to have the right to buy a ticket.

It’s rank profiteering, pure and simple.

That's a pathetic response to a perfectly reasonable post.

Not everything in the garden is rosy for all City fans, so it's unfair of you to criticise anyone who doesn't have your seemingly perfect view of the club.

The atmosphere is shit. The prices are too high. The club aims to attract wealthier fans and pays lip-service to those who aren't.

The football we play is wonderful but the 'quality' of opposition makes City look like the Harlem Globetrotters in the great majority of games. Like the HGs, this entertainment eventually wears thin for regular watchers, but continues to attract high spending tourists/day trippers.

A bit of an extreme example perhaps, but that is the ideal scenario for the club hierarchy, and I suspect is precisely what they are aiming for, along with their fellow Super League conspirators.

The CFG is no more than a circus.
You are correct about prices, but prices are spiralling at the moment at all football clubs (in real life as well). City could and should definitely do more for the match going fan.

That said, Personally feel the rest of your post is absolutely fùcking pathetic.

Sticking up for the obvious pretend City fan @Long Slow Goodbye, well done you.

We only win because of the ‘quality’ of the opposition in front of us, many of these teams have spent record amounts for their respective assembled squads, yet turn up with nothing but spoiling tactics and don’t actually play to win, which should be the goal of each team we face, anyhow that is up to the opposition we face and not City.

As for City winning ‘wearing thin’, not for me it won’t. We could go back back to the halcyon days of sacking managers every few months and being relegated with utter fùcking idiots in the boardroom, well now I’ve written it, yes please!

As for our fellow Super League conspirators, yes we did join and yes that was certainly not a good decision from our board, but let’s not forget this was the second attempt by the American owned clubs to change the league system and it most certainly shouldn’t be forgotten they are the main driving force behind such schemes, something you deemed fit to omit.

You could always fùck City off, no one is holding you hostage for your continued support, why not form a FC City team with your fellow disgruntled fans and go back to the halcyon days of fraud mixed with huge dollops of mismanagement right through the club and the certainty of regular relegations, tear in my eye with those treasured memories…

The above post is about De Bruyne.

About Haaland

About Laporte.

@bobbyowenquiff how dare you have a go at an absolute genuine City fan as @Long Slow Goodbye.

No doubting his credentials with a quick selection from his posting history.

I only looked into his posting history as I felt it would be what Klopp would of wanted.
Klopp has only spent just over half a billion on players, shoestring budget and won everything worth winning, Fraudiola spent just over 15 trillion and won a couple of energy drinks. Long live Klopp.
Not many City fans I know agree with the poisonous narrative (spread by our enemies) that our owner bought City just to "promote Abu Dhabi" and has been involved in "dodgy land deals." I know those claims are totally false (at least as far as the Manchester investments are concerned). As I have said our club has enough enemies already without enabling their views on our fans's website.

I agree about the pricing to a large degree but those empty seats, or at least the majority, will have been sold. It's mainly people who have tickets and don't turn up. If anyone has any ideas about how we solve that problem then me & the club will be glad to hear them.

1. Pay a smaller upfront fee to reserve a seat but then pay on a match-by-match basis. If you don't pay for your seat say 2 weeks before the game, it goes on open sale

2. Rather than give an up-front discount for season cards, charge full price but give rebates depending on how many games you actually attend (or the seat is used).
It's good that you are trying to find a solution but tbh point 2 would make my season ticket in the east stand well over a grand, not sure I would be prepared to shell out that sort of money even knowing I would be getting refunds. Any news from city matters and when or if more information from the meetings can be published?

That's a pathetic response to a perfectly reasonable post.

Not everything in the garden is rosy for all City fans, so it's unfair of you to criticise anyone who doesn't have your seemingly perfect view of the club.

The atmosphere is shit. The prices are too high. The club aims to attract wealthier fans and pays lip-service to those who aren't.

The football we play is wonderful but the 'quality' of opposition makes City look like the Harlem Globetrotters in the great majority of games. Like the HGs, this entertainment eventually wears thin for regular watchers, but continues to attract high spending tourists/day trippers.

A bit of an extreme example perhaps, but that is the ideal scenario for the club hierarchy, and I suspect is precisely what they are aiming for, along with their fellow Super League conspirators.

The CFG is no more than a circus.
I objected to his toxic comments about our owner accusing him of buying the club "to promote Abu Dhabi" and enable "dodgy land deals." That's what I call pathetic.

Yea, I think money off next years season ticket if your seats filled ais a good incentive.

Have to say though I think more season ticket holders would turn up week in week out or more effort would be made to pass them on if the sold out signs were up every week.

Perceived demand etc

Was pretty clear that it wasn’t going to sell out yesterday, so an early kick off with guaranteed empty sections just before Christmas becomes a chore and self perpetuates into a flat atmosphere. Which makes it more likely ST holders won’t make the effort.

First off i’d stop selling returned away tickets until we consistently sell out the home areas.

Then maybe offer pretty large advanced purchase discounts for matchday sales.

If you could get fixtures sold out 2 weeks beforehand, i’m sure more ST holders would go or at least more effort made for their seats be filled.

Seems to me that if your going on a 1 off basis there is more incentive to wait to buy your ticket and hope a £30 one comes up from returned away tickets or someone in SSL3 puts theirs up on ticket exchange.

Which means the games very rarely sell out.

There are large blocks of seats empty, particularly in CB3.

It’s pretty far fetched to think they’ve all been sold and by pure coincidence all the people who sit together have all chosen not to come.

It seems pretty clear these blocks have been sold to 3rd parties offering matchday packages and they’re not selling.

The other thing the club have to realise is the £35 “membership fee” is an absolute liberty and is putting off thousands of casual blues from attending.

Waiting until the last minute so you don’t have to pay the fee means invariably there’s no seats left together, so you can’t sit with your mates, and people just sack it off.

£50 a ticket for Wolves at home is taking the piss as it is, but an extra £35 just to have the privilege of being able to buy a ticket in advance and sit with friends or family is just an absolute pisstake.

It’s the kind of strategy you’d expect from Ryanair.

For a club so obsessed with marginal gains and doing absolutely everything they can to maximise on pitch performance, bizzare to think they don’t see a packed home ground with a good/intimidating atmosphere as really important.

We definitely avoid more marketable players who would probably bring in more commercial revenue but possibly have a negative affect on the team balance.

But the board are seemingly happy to view the stadium attendance as fully commercial element in which ticket revenue is more important than any atmosphere benefit to on pitch results.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.